Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Odd Russian Pocket knife help!!

Article about: I picked this up and literally know nothing about it. The knife appears to be fairly well made if anyone could shine some light it would be greatly appreciated.

Default Odd Russian Pocket knife help!!

I picked this up and literally know nothing about it. The knife appears to be fairly well made if anyone could shine some light it would be greatly appreciated.

Odd Russian Pocket knife help!!Odd Russian Pocket knife help!!Odd Russian Pocket knife help!!Odd Russian Pocket knife help!!Odd Russian Pocket knife help!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Odd Russian Pocket knife help!!
    P
    Many

Non-military and in my opinion 60X - 90X made.

I would think that "ГОPЬКИИ" (GORKY) is the "brand". It was common to name products after famous people/places/things/ideals.

Are the blade(s) marked otherwise? I would assume that some Soviet/RF knife-maker is responsible for this product.

In any case, not much more to supply you with. It seems like a nice thing. So, enjoy it and use it for its intended purpose if need or whim be.

However, do not count on any premium value that might line your pockets with thick stacks of banknotes - In my opinion that is - and, from my experiences in the "Ost"...

Regards,
    Richie
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Nothing Else on the blade or any of the tools

So, thats that. You may want to research it online with the Russians. Of course, you will undoubtedly need to approach them in their native written language first and foremost.

No doubt, there is most likely a (Russian) collector website or forum dedicated to such a subject...
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Not military, but still a good looking pocket knife.

Quote by Heavington View Post
    Not military, but still a good looking pocket knife.
    Especially, that it is not marked with price expressed in Russian Ruble - almost all civilian items that could be bought on the market were stamped with indication of value...

?

Just a civil knife with a Gorky town motive and the gazelle, which is the logo of the town
    Nizhny Novgorod - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

CBH
    ?

I believe these are called Pipe knives , the long thin pin like blade is used to clean the pipe stem and the odd cork screw is for the bowl .
    Not military , but a nice knife .
    Cheers