Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Osoviakhin Medical satchel .Cross& Crescent

Article about: Whilst looking at the osoviakhin badge Ades just acquired i thought to post one more recent find which i really like . The satchel is i think like the one in the famous early war poster of R

Default Osoviakhin Medical satchel .Cross& Crescent

Whilst looking at the osoviakhin badge Ades just acquired i thought to post one more recent find which i really like . The satchel is i think like the one in the famous early war poster of Red Army man and Nurse moving forward together. I think its attributed to Osoviakhin ,civil defence as ive never seen pictures of the Red Army using it . The canvas is thin, undyed and the motif hand painted but the shoulder straps are ingenious , doubling up as a knapsack and thus leaving the hands free !
    The picture is quite poignant , simply dated Leningrad 1939 on the back .
    I wonder if these girls made it through the Siege .....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Osoviakhin Medical satchel .Cross& Crescent   Osoviakhin Medical satchel .Cross& Crescent  

Osoviakhin Medical satchel .Cross& Crescent   Osoviakhin Medical satchel .Cross& Crescent  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Osoviakhin Medical satchel .Cross& Crescent
    P
    Many

Default Re: Osoviakhin Medical satchel .Cross& Crescent

Ah-ha... now maybe we are getting some where. Check this thread:

Medic's Bag

I was offered this satchel a while back but could not pin the period down as it is not factory dated. It is very similar to yours and has hardware for the same type of harness configuration. However, this one is heavy canvas and leather for military use.