Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Prewar Plasch... not exactly. Unknown tentage.

Article about: Nice sunny day means better photos. I am very interested in learning more about these Soviet tent panels I have collected over the years. I have three and need one more to build a four walle

Default Prewar Plasch... not exactly. Unknown tentage.

Nice sunny day means better photos. I am very interested in learning more about these Soviet tent panels I have collected over the years. I have three and need one more to build a four walled tent. I have also made a small sketch to show what such a four walled structure would look like. These panels are cotton duck on the exterior, same as a soldiers Plasch-Palatka. The interior of the vertical wall and pyramid wall are backed in grey cotton baize (Fleece). All buttons are composite bakelite type material and the grommets are reinforced with leather on one side. All three of my sections are very similarly marked, and all are 39 dated. I'm looking for photos or field manual information pertaining to this particular tent type.

More information it my previous post found here:
    Soviet Tent... any help appreciated
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Prewar Plasch... not exactly.  Unknown tentage.   Prewar Plasch... not exactly.  Unknown tentage.  

Prewar Plasch... not exactly.  Unknown tentage.   Prewar Plasch... not exactly.  Unknown tentage.  

Prewar Plasch... not exactly.  Unknown tentage.   Prewar Plasch... not exactly.  Unknown tentage.  

Attached Images Attached Images Prewar Plasch... not exactly.  Unknown tentage. 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Prewar Plasch... not exactly.  Unknown tentage.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Prewar Plasch... not exactly. Unknown tentage.

Interesting... I must have something relatively unknown in this tent.

Ok... since this last post for help, I was contacted off forum and have learned that this is a prewar cold weather tent that was discontinued after the Winter War in 1940. If anyone out there is sitting on a panel from this tent. Preferably one with no "window" flap. Let us talk! I am one panel shy of a complete tent.

Hi Mike, thanks for the update: still not seen another.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Another year come and gone, and a fourth and final panel to my tent is still missing. Bumping this thread back to the top for a fresh look. Has anyone have a line on one of these. I have learned last year that this was a short lived cold weather tent and that the "window" is actually for a stove pipe.

OK... Pushing this one to the top again. Still looking for another panel to this tent.

No luck this summer... Still I look. Anyone have a lead?

?

Here are some links i case you don't know them already. They are in Russian.... Links look funny but they work.

????-???????. palatka.shtml

?????????? ??????? ?? ?????? ? ????????

Regards, Lars

Lars,

Many thanks! Very interesting links, but a mixed blessing. On the one hand, I know have more knowledge of what it is that I have. On the other hand, it would seem that I have three short end panels and zero long side panels. Now I seek two panels instead of one!

?

Your drawing looks a bit like the 12 man tent. I can try and look into it a bit when time permits me. I have been very busy with work etc. One of the reasons i have not been very active for a while Watching you gent's on the sideline of course

Cheers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast