Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Restoring a PPD-40

Article about: Hi everyone, I'll be restoring this PPD-40 with markings that I found. I thought you could only find these things in places where battles took place in 1941 but looks like you can find them

Default Restoring a PPD-40

Hi everyone,

I'll be restoring this PPD-40 with markings that I found. I thought you could only find these things in places where battles took place in 1941 but looks like you can find them in Kurland too. Only 90'000 were produced in what I presume is Izhevsk judging from the arrow marking.

The bottom trigger guard screw has already come loose with heat but the upper one wont budge since I can't reach the screws' threads with my blowtorch because they're under metal. I've been in combat with this damn screw for 3 days already. The pictures are before electrolysis as you can see there is some bluing remaining.

I have bought a donor PPD in not so good condition with the wood hand guard remaining that has the parts I need for this one that will be coming in about 2 weeks. Right now I left the PPD to soak in some diesel for a week hoping it does something so the next update I'll be posting will be in Sunday. The only thing that I haven't found anywhere yet for my PPD is the bolt which is extremely hard to find and expensive(100Eur for the bolt). A PPD from the Latvian forum I come from probably appears 1x a year in the ''auctions&selling'' topic.

Restoring a PPD-40
    Restoring a PPD-40

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Restoring a PPD-40
    P
    Many

?

Hello, grandfather found ppd also, but in the 60s. Raul