Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Russian canteen's cover.

Article about: Hi, Is what members of the Forum have already encountered this type of cover for glass and aluminum canteens ? I attached a scanner to a resolution of 1938 or is described this type of cover

Default Russian canteen's cover.

Hi,
    Is what members of the Forum have already encountered this type of cover for glass and aluminum canteens ?
    I attached a scanner to a resolution of 1938 or is described this type of cover.

Russian canteen's cover.

Russian canteen's cover.

Russian canteen's cover.

Russian canteen's cover.

Regards.
    Philippe

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Russian canteen's cover.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Russian canteen's cover.

Hi Philippe, I have a copy of drawings of how to make this cover. They are certainly being made today in Russia. Never seen an original to compare too.

Cheers, Ade.

Smile Re: Russian canteen's cover.

Interesting... Certainly looks to have Finnish influence. Is this cover yours? It appears to be made of trouser material. A few questions...

1) Are glass canteens not wartime expedient and not prewar?
    2) Why would a canteen cover be size stamped?
    3) Why does the document shows a cover with a drawstring neck and not a side lace configuration

Very interesting and I would like to learn more. I am open to new things, but I am skeptical of the photographed example at this point. Please tell us more

Hi,
    Thanks for your opinion.
    Yes this is my canteen's cover. I had the whole bottle with the glass ...
    The fabric is quite thick and out of the bottle from the case, I found the fabric falls, which suggests to me that the glass bottle was the cause in the canteen's cover.
    The scanner is the regulation of 1938 for the NKVD troops, could be the model for those troops was different .... it's just a hypothesis.
    This is the only regulation where we see this kind of canteen's cover.
    I may make other photos, please do not hesitate to tell me what you want to see details.
    Regards.
    Philippe

Hi,
    I have a ground dug aluminium canteen where is to be seen that it had this type of cover. I have still found a photo of a soldier with glass canteen with this cover.

Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Russian canteen's cover.   Russian canteen's cover.  

Guys,

Wow... This is great information. I wonder if this item was limited only to troop trials or something similiar?? The photo and the dug canteen are telling evidence.

Thanks

?

Hi,
    I have a ground dug aluminium canteen where is to be seen that it had this type of cover. I have still found a photo of a soldier with glass canteen with this cover.
    The same was found a couple of weeks ago.

Wow... This is great information. I wonder if this item was limited only to troop trials or something similiar?? The photo and the dug canteen are telling evidence.
    Michael, that is rare, but a real prewar example, which is not rarest than M 35 backpack, and prewar leather belt
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Here is the drawings. Named: the cover in better quality, for canteen- wool.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Russian canteen's cover.   Russian canteen's cover.  

Russian canteen's cover.  
    Attached Images Attached Images Russian canteen's cover. 
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

But for sure is strange stamping on your cover, Philippe
    Regards,
    Dimas

Hi,
    I thank the forum members for their participation and opinions.
    Many thanks more particularly to Paul for its photographs and Dimas to the excerpts from the rules.
    For the stamp, it is a great mystery ........

Regards.
    philippe

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast