Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

russian pouch for grenade RGD 33

Article about: Here's a couple, the green one has a 1944 date on stamp and is the heavier burlap. The tan one I cannot read and has a pigskin leather backing on the closure. I'm sure the variations are end

Default Re: russian pouch for grenade RGD 33

Quote by Markratz1 View Post
    Kilroy, was at a local Gun Show here last week, a guy had a stack of your type F-1 pouches same color and hardware for $10.00 US each. Should have bought one, like the look.

Mark
    Nice, were any dated? $10 is a good price. I pay $15-25 for most of mine. They all have nice clear wartime dates though which are hard to find usually. I have 14 dated different types so far. Always looking for more here are a few more pouches..........

Regards, Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture russian pouch for grenade RGD 33   russian pouch for grenade RGD 33  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement russian pouch for grenade RGD 33
    P
    Many

Quote by Asjemenou View Post
    Nothing can be found about a possible Chinese produced RGD-33 grenade. That leaves me to the conclusion that you must be right. Maybe they bought the grenades from the Soviets and resold them to the Vietcong.
    I read that the Soviets stopped producing it because it was too expensive to produce and too intricate to use.
    Your pictures of the RGD-33’s are interesting to see. Are these grenades dated?
    You can't find it, because the Chinese did not make the RGD33, they were given them by the Soviets. They had thousands of them. Not sure when exactly they stopped making the RGD33.
    I am not sure if these RGD are dated on the tops. all the ones I have seen.....many, were stamped with either of these "two dates" or whatever the numbers are.
    They all have had "11" and either 40 or 41. I find it hard to think that they only dated them in November of these years 40 & 41.
    I think they are a factory code, but then I have seen these 11-40-41numbers on different manufacturer marked grenades. Strange markings to me, makes no sense.
    I have had many of these grenades, and kept these 3 with the ink stamps, they are unusual to see. Also is a pic of my early RGD-33.

Regards, Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture russian pouch for grenade RGD 33   russian pouch for grenade RGD 33  

russian pouch for grenade RGD 33   russian pouch for grenade RGD 33  

Thanks for showing your Soviet grenade pouches. You really have a nice collection. I think that $ 15-25 is a good price for a F1 pouch. Last year I bought two F1 grenade pouches for 30 Euro ($ 40) each. I do not think it is really a good prize for it but ok. F1 pouches you do not see them that much in Holland.
    I see that you are also having RGD-33 and F1 grenades too. I suppose that they are deactivated? Are these grenades easy to find in the US and how are the rules in the US to own these grenades?
    Maybe a strange question for you but in Holland you need a very special license for ammunition. Even when it is deactivated. It is not easy to get this license.

My RGDs had the "11 40" stamps on the head, bought em when they were $50.00 USD here many years ago. Would like another frag sleeve. The F-1 pouches I saw at the show were dated 1944 and 1945. If I see the guy again, will buy a couple.

Here are examples of the Chinese Type 68 grenades with the 2 and 3 cell Chinese/NVA pouches. The stick grenades are about the same length as the RGD-33s and would fit in the Russian pouches. So, the RGD pouches could have been used with the very common Type 68.

Hey Kilroy (Steve), e-mail me a list of the dates you have of the tan ones. Never know when I will run into that guy. I set up at the Militaria Shows and attend the local gun shows. I'm sure he works the shows on a regular basis. I agree, $10-15.00 is a good price. Markl

Thanks for showing your Soviet grenade pouches. You really have a nice collection. I think that $ 15-25 is a good price for a F1 pouch. Last year I bought two F1 grenade pouches for 30 Euro ($ 40) each. I do not think it is really a good prize for it but ok. F1 pouches you do not see them that much in Holland.
    I see that you are also having RGD-33 and F1 grenades too. I suppose that they are deactivated? Are these grenades easy to find in the US and how are the rules in the US to own these grenades?
    Maybe a strange question for you but in Holland you need a very special license for ammunition. Even when it is deactivated. It is not easy to get this license.

Hi Asjemenou....Thank you. I will show more soon. Yes, All Grenades and Ordnance I show, and have shown, and that are in my personal collection are 100% INERT de-activated items.

I have paid $40 also for a pouch....the blue RGD33 pouch I have showed with the hard back. Sometimes price does not matter if you want the item bad enough. If you do not get them, you may never see one again.....especially if you are older like me you do not have as much time to wait for for your toys.

Ordnance collecting in Holland......Not a strange question at all .....I am very familiar with the regulations of your country. It is quite restrictive for people who collect inert hand grenades, ordnance or guns. The website you found lexpev.....Lex is a friend of mine, and he has explained the laws in Holland. Not impossible to collect ordnance, just not an easy, or free $$ hobby to have.
    But... I hope to come and visit and have some wonderful coffee soon. When I do visit Europe, Holland with be 1st on list for me.

All my RGD33's came from overseas. Most of my grenades except my US pineapples, came from overseas.
    There are no federal restrictions here in US to collect "Inert" grenades that I know of. They are just empty pieces of metal now. Some small towns might have some silly laws, but I have not heard of any. This is the land of the free

Regards, Steve

Quote by Markratz1 View Post
    My RGDs had the "11 40" stamps on the head, bought em when they were $50.00 USD here many years ago. Would like another frag sleeve
    Mark, if your also are "11 40" this adds to my theory and/or statement they are NOT dates. They cannot be. All are "11" and 40 or 41.
    I have never seen any other number combinations. Why does one never see "5 40" or "10 40" or "7 41" or ............ I will continue research to find out exactly what these numbers signify. It has been bugging me a long time

BTW, your VN grenades and pouches/vests are fantastic. I do not collect VN, only pre 45 grenades, but these are very nice. Absolutely the Chinese grenades will fit a RGD pouch, and were for sure used by some for Type 68's by the NVA and Viet Cong.

Regards, Steve

?

Nothing can be found about a possible Chinese produced RGD-33 grenade. That leaves me to the conclusion that you must be right. Maybe they bought the grenades from the Soviets and resold them to the Vietcong.
    I read that the Soviets stopped producing it because it was too expensive to produce and too intricate to use.
    Your pictures of the RGD-33’s are interesting to see. Are these grenades dated?

The Russians shipped lots of obsolete and captured arms and ammo directly to Viet Nam. RGD-33s were obsolete after WWII, but there were likely many in storage , just getting more dangerous as they aged, so they shipped them of to Viet Nam along with 91/30s, M44s, DP28s, captured K98s and MP40s and loys of other stuff, all. the way up to tanks.

Tim

?

My RGD pouches. Gray one has the hard back.

Quote by timdp View Post
    My RGD pouches. Gray one has the hard back.
    Nice pouches. I like the grey pouch with leather belt loops. I have seen them before, but do not have an example yet. Very nice pouch.

Regards, Steve

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast