Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

russian pouch for grenade RGD 33

Article about: Here's a couple, the green one has a 1944 date on stamp and is the heavier burlap. The tan one I cannot read and has a pigskin leather backing on the closure. I'm sure the variations are end

Default russian pouch for grenade RGD 33

Hello friends, this is my pouch for RGD33 Russian grenade. Sorry for bad quality of picture, soon I will try take a good quality picture (i have no camera at this moment). My pouch has no stamps, markings, etc.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture russian pouch for grenade RGD 33  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement russian pouch for grenade RGD 33
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: russian pouch for grenade RGD 33

Nice pouch, must be 39 or war time issue
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Thanks for showing it. I look forwards to seeing more. I had not seen one with this style of buckle before.

Cheers, Ade.

Could I please ask what characteristics make it a wartime issue pouch?

thanks
    Ian

Hi Ian, the canvas material used is typical. I would say the buckle would make it early?

I cannot recall ever seeing a postwar version of this pouch to be honest? (Other than direct repros made for re-enactors.)

I know Mike and Dimas have handled far more of these than myself and they should be able to add more info.

Cheers, Ade.

I think Dimas' comment is based on the assumption that the RGD-33 was a prewar and wartime grenade. It's use was overtaken in favor of F1 and RG-42 types as the war progressed as they were less complicated (and dangerous) to use and easier to manufacture. RGD pouches made postwar to support postwar use of this grenade is completely unknown to me.

Regarding the buckle type, after you have seen these many times over, examples with this type buckle are not too uncommon. This buckle appears on many other types of field gear as well. Some equipment I know I have seen this buckle on in years past are M1941 bread bags, F1 Pouches, Ammo bandoleer straps, Flare pistol cases, pistol shoulder straps, binocular shoulder straps, and PPSH drum pouches. It is just one of innumerable variations

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Ian, the canvas material used is typical. I would say the buckle would make it early?

I cannot recall ever seeing a postwar version of this pouch to be honest? (Other than direct repros made for re-enactors.)

I know Mike and Dimas have handled far more of these than myself and they should be able to add more info.

Cheers, Ade.
    Comrade, The Buckle turns upon Early GPW Breadbags, and the Poliski made a Post GPW Pouch to this pattern in Plashka material.

I had several with their markings in them.

hi guys any pict of yours rgd 33 grenade pouch ,from yoyrs collections ? what should early typ pouch looks like ? with what kind of lock ? i'm sure this one from my pict is from 1941 (founded with other russ stuff on attick ) This pouch also fit for older grenade M 1914/30 ?
    This week more pict of those pouch.

Comrade, The Buckle turns upon Early GPW Breadbags.

Like this one that has been Posted by a Comrade.

The Poliski made a Post GPW Pouch to this pattern in Plashka material.

I had several with their markings in them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture russian pouch for grenade RGD 33  

moore pict of rgs 33's pouches from my collection. two type ,two diferent lock's.Both pouches come fro mold attick ,real ww2 RKKA equipment
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture russian pouch for grenade RGD 33   russian pouch for grenade RGD 33  

russian pouch for grenade RGD 33   russian pouch for grenade RGD 33  

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast