Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Soviet 1940-41 year meat ration

Article about: But I still keep the pieces which is not swelled.

?

Default Soviet 1940-41 year meat ration

Just founded in an old attic soviet ration packs in it's original and untoched condition. The box with preserves was found wrapped to the old 1940 dated newspaper and was hidden underneath of the floor. The cardboard box itself dated february 1941 year. But unfortunately I don't owe the original package.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet 1940-41 year meat ration   Soviet 1940-41 year meat ration  

Soviet 1940-41 year meat ration   Soviet 1940-41 year meat ration  

Soviet 1940-41 year meat ration  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet 1940-41 year meat ration
    P
    Many

Default Re: Soviet 1940-41 year meat ration

inside Pelmini ? Beans ?

?

Small is pate, mid is Beef and big is pork
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Nice find

comrade coffin
    ?

Are these tins quite small? it is difficult to work out from the pics. CVould you posta pic with a ruler next to the tin?

Have you tried any yet?

I know these Cans are great finds but , once a Can has ruptured or swelled up they are not safe to keep around. You can even see these leaking so --Be VERY careful with these cans as they may contain Botulism.

Botulism spores are resistant to heat -- even from boiling water -- and thrive in a moist, oxygen-free environment. As botulism spores reproduce, they generate one of the most extraordinarily powerful poisons on earth: one teaspoon-worth is sufficient to kill 100,000 people.
    "Never eat food from a tin can with bulging ends" was a maxim many grew up with. Bulging was one of several clues that might indicate contamination of food packaged in metal cans.
    Treat all jars and cans of spoiled low-acid foods, including tomatoes, as though they contain botulinum toxin and handle in one of two ways:

If suspect glass jars/Cans are still sealed, place them in a heavy garbage bag. Close the bag, and place it in a regular trash container or bury it in a landfill.

If the suspect glass jars/Cans are unsealed, open, or leaking, detoxify (destroy the bacteria) as follows before disposal:

Carefully place the containers and lids on their sides in an eight-quart or larger pan. Wash your hands thoroughly. Carefully add water to the pan until it is at least one inch above the containers. Avoid splashing the water. Place a lid on the pan, and heat the water to boiling. Boil 30 minutes to ensure that you have destroyed all toxins. Cool and discard the lids and food in the trash, or bury in soil. Sanitize all counters, containers, and equipment that may have touched the food or containers--don't forget the can opener, your clothing, and hands. Place any sponges or washcloths used in the cleanup in a plastic bag and discard.
    Canning Errors

Food Poisoning is no Joke ..and Botulism is the worst especially since just getting as little as two billionths of a gram on your finger and touching your mouth /eye or getting it in an open cut could kill you

Hi Mike, thanks for the info on food poisoning. Very good info.

I do know that Dimas has actually now emptied the tins and serilised them because of the concerns you raised.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Yep, I've just clean in inside with H2SO4
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

You know ..it would have been GREAT if they could have been kept intact with the contents. I hate hearing they had to be emptied but ...I guess this is one of those "better safe than sorry" deals.
    5 years ago a local gave me a bag FULL of WW2 dated Army "C" Rations unopened. Most of them had started swelling up and the end caps looked like they were ready to pop off. So ...that's why I jumped in on this Thread ...I looked into it and and had no choice but to throw most of them away (I hated to do it )
    Thanks guys

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Yep, I've just clean in inside with H2SO4
    remember that old "ditty" ?

Dimas was a Chemist , but now he is no more
    What he thought was H2O was H2SO4

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast