Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Soviet Binoculars Dated 1932

Article about: Hi guys, I picked this beauty up for 50e. They are allegedly, brought from the front by an Finnish soldier. I'll post better photos, when I receive the item.

Default Soviet Binoculars Dated 1932

Hi guys,
    I picked this beauty up for 50e. They are allegedly, brought from the front by an Finnish soldier. I'll post better photos, when I receive the item.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet Binoculars Dated 1932
    P
    Many

Default Re: Soviet Binoculars Dated 1932

Is there any SA stamp on them ? as it will tell you if they were a war booty pick up by a Soldier or reissued item from the Finnish army , You find alot of Russian item in Finland that have been taken from the Russian Army in the War and SA stamped then put into Finnish army service

None that I know of. I know of Finns stamping SA=Suomen Armeija, in their captured equipment. Maybe the owner got the binoculars, for himself and didn't give them to the army?

Quote by Aleksander P View Post
    None that I know of. I know of Finns stamping SA=Suomen Armeija, in their captured equipment. Maybe the owner got the binoculars, for himself and didn't give them to the army?
    That seems entirely plausible as binos often seem to have been a popular war trophy. Practical as well. I really like these Soviet binos. I have seen a few for sale, but all seem to be quite expensive.

That's what I thought too Spitace. I will post more photos for you, when I receive them. If you want of course. Are there different types of models of war era binoculars?
    Last edited by Aleksander P; 02-04-2014 at 10:14 AM.

To be honest, I don't know. I saw a pair like this in Krakow except they were 1934 dated. Would you say the 50e was a good price? I have a feeling that the ones I saw were roughly the same price but don't know much about them.

I think that 50 euros is an bargain. All war-era binoculars I see here are over 100 euros at least. I bought this from a daughter of an Finnish veteran, who was willing to let it go.

Bargain price.
    Long time made model 6x30. Any interior scale on the optics?

Do you mean the lines, that you see inside it? There are ones, in the right optic. The bag doesn't seem like army issue, I've never seen one like this.

Soviet Binoculars Dated 1932 Soviet Binoculars Dated 1932
    Soviet Binoculars Dated 1932 Soviet Binoculars Dated 1932

Bumping this up since I found markings on the binoculars. The original owner seems to have written БПД (his initials?) and "звод" on the lens cover. There's something more, but it's impossible to make out. The Finnish owner has written "Sysmä, Harju". Probably his hometown and last name.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast