Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Soviet Glass Canteens?? Navy Canteen Cover??

Article about: While reviewing this, thought I would add a cover with a German button and what would appear to be German cloth as well. Hey wait a minute, there's no ink stamp, does that mean it's a fake??

Default Re: Soviet Glass Canteens?? Navy Canteen Cover??

Quote by Komandir RKKA View Post
    "Ó.Ç." means Urshelski savod (plant) where these canteen were produced.
    Navy button means that this cover were used by marines or infantry fought near sea side sity (maybe Leningrad) or navy base ( Murmansk, Sevastopol)
    Here is another cover type.
    Hi, thanks for the photo of yours, and also the name of plant where 2 of my canteens were made.
    Your canteen is very nice, is the rubber stopper sewn onto the canteen cover? This must be rare to find intact and together. I like it.
    I am not to sure about this navy button on mine though, as others have said, could have been replaced.

Regards, Steve

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet Glass Canteens?? Navy Canteen Cover??
    P
    Many

Quote by Dimas View Post
    As simple a lot of the irems go back to the stocks after they was issued, then cleaned, sorted, and repaired. The navy button could be attached because the buttons for repair couuld be also assorted, and no one will look at the button. That is important for us, but not for the owner or for the repairer
    Hi Dimas, yes, important to us!!! not to them 65 years ago! It gives us something to wonder about, and talk about now

Regards, Steve

Quote by Kilroy Was Here View Post
    Hi, thanks for the photo of yours, and also the name of plant where 2 of my canteens were made.
    Your canteen is very nice, is the rubber stopper sewn onto the canteen cover? This must be rare to find intact and together. I like it.
    I am not to sure about this navy button on mine though, as others have said, could have been replaced.

Regards, Steve
    Hi Steve, you can be sure that your cover with navy button is originaly wartime sewn and were used in seaside front line.
    On my canteen stopper is sewn to cover.

Hi, this is my latest arrival. I have some more in my collection, but never seen one like that. The neck is different from those of the WWII-era. No markings, but I guess it's older version, probably from the Imperial days.

I would say that it is still wartime... Variations are numerous with these glass canteens, including the bottle neck. Nice clear example, most of the clear ones I have seen have been from thin glass and are often damaged.

Quote by gnadenlose View Post
    Hi, this is my latest arrival. I have some more in my collection, but never seen one like that. The neck is different from those of the WWII-era. No markings, but I guess it's older version, probably from the Imperial days.

Hi, thanks for sharing pics of this canteen. This is a nice one, yes, very different neck with no lip. The glass is perfect clear too. I am looking for one this clear also! Very nice!

Regards, Steve

Unhappy Re: Soviet Glass Canteens?? Navy Canteen Cover??

These two fellows are 100% WWI, unearthed in Latvia (not by me, though )

Default Soviet canteens

In my collection I am holding 3 canteens. Two pre war aluminium canteens and one wartime glass canteen. The glass canteen has no markings.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet Glass Canteens?? Navy Canteen Cover??   Soviet Glass Canteens?? Navy Canteen Cover??  

Very Nice examples, thanks for showing all these canteens. I see many have interest and collect also.

A Good Holidays and New Years to everyone!

Regards, Steve

Quote by Kilroy Was Here View Post
    Very Nice examples, thanks for showing all these canteens. I see many have interest and collect also.

A Good Holidays and New Years to everyone!

Regards, Steve
    Your welcome Steve. Merry X-mas and a Happy New Year too.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast