Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Soviet Glass Canteens?? Navy Canteen Cover??

Article about: While reviewing this, thought I would add a cover with a German button and what would appear to be German cloth as well. Hey wait a minute, there's no ink stamp, does that mean it's a fake??

Default Re: Soviet Glass Canteens?? Navy Canteen Cover??

While reviewing this, thought I would add a cover with a German button and what would appear to be German cloth as well. Hey wait a minute, there's no ink stamp, does that mean it's a fake?? Just kidding!!

Also, tough to take a photo, any idea anyone what the printing on the glass is? Factory, location, realize it's hard to read.

Thanks, Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet Glass Canteens?? Navy Canteen Cover??   Soviet Glass Canteens?? Navy Canteen Cover??  

Soviet Glass Canteens?? Navy Canteen Cover??   Soviet Glass Canteens?? Navy Canteen Cover??  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet Glass Canteens?? Navy Canteen Cover??
    P
    Many

Take a photo outdoors with natural light - no flash - and I or another Russian literate member will attempt to translate what is embossed on the glass.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Quote by Markratz1 View Post
    While reviewing this, thought I would add a cover with a German button and what would appear to be German cloth as well. Hey wait a minute, there's no ink stamp, does that mean it's a fake?? Just kidding!!

Also, tough to take a photo, any idea anyone what the printing on the glass is? Factory, location, realize it's hard to read.

Thanks, Mark
    Hi Mark, nice canteen set, thanks for showing. Yet another variation glass canteen.....same color as my brown one, but very interesting different embossed letters on it.
    Nice to have all the photos in this thread for reference. I have more to find than I thought originally. Still have not found a perfect clear one yet..........and the elusive dark blue color.

Regards, Steve

The writing on canteen is : "Urshelskiy steklozavod" - "Urshel glass factory"

Thank you all. Great interesting history and equipment, too bad I can't read the language to fully absorb it all.

This one is for sell on Estonian auction site, the price is approx. 20 euros
    VENE KLAASIST JOOGIPUDEL KOOS KOTIGA (12186575) - Osta.ee

Default Blue Canteen

While not "Cobalt Blue", this one is definitely blue, I finally had time to dig it out of my packed boxes. I think I have a clear one somewhere...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet Glass Canteens?? Navy Canteen Cover??   Soviet Glass Canteens?? Navy Canteen Cover??  

?

Soldiers do not like them, there a lot of wounds being use the glass canteens, but they are not a rare on the battlefields, most part of them is broken
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Default Re: Blue Canteen

Quote by Wesley's Dad View Post
    While not "Cobalt Blue", this one is definitely blue, I finally had time to dig it out of my packed boxes. I think I have a clear one somewhere...
    Another nice color variation. A nice blue-purple looking color. Thanks for showing this one also.

Regards, Steve

Heres another variation , whisch i was told was used in Winter alongside snow camo coveralls . It also came out of Leningrad where i was sorting through a pile of various covers .
    The Aluminium canteen is interesting being a Soviet made imperial pattern dated 1929.

Soviet Glass Canteens?? Navy Canteen Cover??  

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast