Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Soviet medic case / pack??

Article about: Good morning gents, This is just a preliminary question at the moment as I don't yet have pictures to show of the item concerned (I neglected to take any ) but I will post some soon. However

Default Soviet medic case / pack??

Good morning gents,

This is just a preliminary question at the moment as I don't yet have pictures to show of the item concerned (I neglected to take any ) but I will post some soon.

However, a friend of mine has just acquired what is supposed to be a pre-war Soviet medic case / pack of a type said to have been captured in quantity and used by German forces (? Waffen SS?). I don't recognise the item but it does look familiar and when I first saw it a medical application came to mind. At this point I wonder if anyone can show me any images of such an item to help with ID?

It is a rigid box (likely fibreboard) about twice the size of a shoe box covered in a kind of duck fabric. The lid is on what would be considered the front face and hinges down at the bottom with webs at the sides to form a kind of work surface. There is a central void above which there is a space that looks as if there should be a drawer to slide in and above this there is a rigid section divided into small compartments possibly to accommodate bottles, tubs packets etc. The method of carry is shoulder strap which would be attached by two metal 'D' rings on the top edge closest to the body of the person carrying it. It is not fitted for rucksack type straps. The overall colour is typical light olive and there are no markings at all.

As I said, I know I really need to show pics and will do as soon as I can but any suggestions in the meantime as to what I might be looking at here would be very helpful and much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet medic case / pack??
    P
    Many

Here are some pics, any ideas.

All suggestions much appreciated.

Mark

Soviet medic case / pack??Soviet medic case / pack??Soviet medic case / pack??Soviet medic case / pack??Soviet medic case / pack??
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."