Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

stalingrad licence plate

Article about: Hi, I'm interested to know if russian motorcycles had licence plates in Stalingrad around the time of the seige and if so, what they looked like?

Englishdealhunter
    ?

Default stalingrad licence plate

Hi, I'm interested to know if russian motorcycles had licence plates in Stalingrad around the time of the seige and if so, what they looked like?

2. # ADS

All motorcycles in USSR had "2 letters 4 digits" plate numbers, same as cars (1936 standard). The letters would refer to the particular region. Not sure how it looked like with the Stalingrad, most probably with one C (Сталинград).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture stalingrad licence plate   stalingrad licence plate  

Attached Images Attached Images stalingrad licence plate 

Englishdealhunter
    ?

That's great - many thanks - I suppose the plate could read CT 19-42. I assume the rear plate was just square with CT at the top and 19-42 at the bottom? I guess plates were white letters on black?

As to the military vehicles - '1 letter 4 digits' as per the image attached.

Note plate numbers had nothing to do with the year/date. Therefore you could put '19-42' but this would not be a year reference.

White letters/digits on black as you can see on images.

Not sure if they had a rear plates.
    Attached Images Attached Images stalingrad licence plate