Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Steyr 1915 Pistol

Article about: Hello. This is the first post I make (And the first time I participate in this forum), so please forgive me if I commited a mistake while posting this. I have a question that maybe some of y

?

Default Steyr 1915 Pistol

Hello.
    This is the first post I make (And the first time I participate in this forum), so please forgive me if I commited a mistake while posting this. I have a question that maybe some of you might be able to answer.
    Well... The problem is I found a Steyr 1915 handgun (it is not is a good state, as in this country (Argentina) during the military dictatorship, the civilians used to bury their guns so the military couldn't confiscate them).
    It belonged to my grandfather, and, I found the gun but not any manual, so I am actually having a hard time figuring out anything about the gun.
    The only thing I know is that it's caliber is 9mm (But I don't know if it is 9X19 Parabellum or 9X23 Steyr) and I actually can't unlock the magazine, and I think it is stuck, as I try to unlock it and it stays where it is.
    I might add some pictures of the gun in some hours, if anyone is interested in taking a look.
    Thank you for your help.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Steyr 1915 Pistol
    P
    Many

Default Re: Steyr 1915 Pistol

Pictures can be very helpful.. If you don't know if the gun is loaded please be careful..

cheers,

?

I know it is not loaded as I spent like 10 minutes opening and closing the chamber, expecting for a bullet to fall =)
    I will go get the gun and the camera.

?

Do a Google search for steyr 1915 pistol here is a diagram,part #9 must be removed before magazine will come out.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Steyr 1915 Pistol  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Try to upload the pictures according to the options of this forum.. Some of the links didn't work for me..
    You've said that you couldn't get the magazine out of it.. When you unlock it and you pull at the magazine it should come out.. I think you've tried this already but hey who knowes...
    Have you tried to google some info on this weapon?

cheers,

You where to fast for me zwerge... :P

cheers,

very nice pistol Flavio! however you do not remove the magazine on the Styer 1915 it was loaded with 9 round chargers or stripper clips just like a k98 or a styer M95 rifle. Very strange to see in handguns but made sense at the time because long guns were loaded in this manner. 60,000 were changed to accept 9mm by Austria in 1938 or 1939 (I'm not sure) but they are marked with a german eagle inspection/acceptance stamp on the right side near the grip...

Steyr 1915 Pistol

Unfortunatly I do not own a styer 1915 but I do like them and after seeing yours I will have to search for one to add to my collection! They remind me of a gun the bearded bomb throwers of the spanish civil war would have tucked in their belts!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast