Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Tank/Airplane clock

Article about: Can somebody provide me with more information or details on what equipment this clock went in? I know the I-16 (И-16) figher had one, but were all of the heated? Anyway the case is fro

Default Tank/Airplane clock

Can somebody provide me with more information or details on what equipment this clock went in?
    I know the I-16 (И-16) figher had one, but were all of the heated? Anyway the case is from 1941, first moscow watch factory (before relocation that year) and the movement is a wartime Chistopol movement (so unclear if they came together somehow when factories were moved around or upon refurbishment).

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tank/Airplane clock
    P
    Many

Default Re: Tank/Airplane clock

Manual for И-16 fighter

But this one is NOT heated! It is really hard to find cockpit or tank interior pictures, but whenever you do they are always missing the clock! So ANY additional tank clock references (these or other models as I have more!) would be most appreciated.

ONe more of the I-16 fighter dash, clock is in the upper left.....

Anybody? The only up to date photo I can find is of a restored flying I-16 and it has what appears to be an updated and much later MIG chronograph with hacking feature....I don't think these were even manufactured during the production of the I-16 up until 1942. Any thoughts would be most appreciated. As this one is NOT heated I"m not sure if it went into this plane or some other vehicle. IT was made in 1941 so it is possible it was simply installed as quickly as possible in some tank/plane/truck but I cannot find any information beyond the I-16 as installed. Any help would be most appreciated.

Restored I-16 with later(?) MIG clock?