Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Track Link ~ 'Stalin's Sledgehammer'

Article about: Here's my track link from a Soviet 203mm Howitzer M1931 (B-4), named by German Soldiers as 'Stalin's Sledgehammer'. I suspect this is quite a rare link, given that only a reported 871 B-4 ho

Default Track Link ~ 'Stalin's Sledgehammer'

Here's my track link from a Soviet 203mm Howitzer M1931 (B-4), named by German Soldiers as 'Stalin's Sledgehammer'.

I suspect this is quite a rare link, given that only a reported 871 B-4 howitzers were produced as opposed to the 84,000 or so T-34 tanks.

Thanks for looking.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Track Link ~ 'Stalin's Sledgehammer'   Track Link ~ 'Stalin's Sledgehammer'  

Track Link ~ 'Stalin's Sledgehammer'   Track Link ~ 'Stalin's Sledgehammer'  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Track Link ~ 'Stalin's Sledgehammer'
    P
    Many

Hello, I usually collect German Field gear and Panzer track links, but I have just bought one of these and was just wondering if you knew the actual market value for ones such as ours. The one I have just bought is in the same condition and would like to know if it was a good price ? I bought it because the Germans used them if they captured any and I like the nickname they gave to them 'Die Vorschlaghammer ' or Sledgehammer !!

Looking forward to receiving your reply !!

As a matter of interest, what happens if you find out you paid more than what you get back here?

One could say that if they’re rare and you bought one you paid the market price??? Was it attractive to you on the basis of the possibility it may have been German-used.....or for what it actually was.

Either way, a nice link

Default Chunky example of Sledgehammer track link

I like the look AND the possibility it may have been used by Germans, ALSO designed before ww2 Yet used for savage street fighting with direct fire in the streets of Berlin. (Normal range 11 miles) Dug up in Kurland (Courland) Battlefield, so will have to ask for more detail perhaps....

Here is my Link which is on its way now from Liepaja, Latvia after paying 190 USD inclusive of Post and packaging.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Track Link ~ 'Stalin's Sledgehammer'   Track Link ~ 'Stalin's Sledgehammer'  

Very nice! Still need to find some tracklinks myself as well to spice up the collection. Any collection will look better with some tracks