Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

two late USSR watches, what are they and are they worth anything

Article about: I'm posting this for a friend who doesn't do the Internet. He bought a bunch of watches and would like to know what he has and if they are worth anything (ignore the middle one, it's america

ILH
    ?

Default two late USSR watches, what are they and are they worth anything

I'm posting this for a friend who doesn't do the Internet.
    He bought a bunch of watches and would like to know what he has and if they are worth anything (ignore the middle one, it's american)..... I know very little about such things.

I fear the Airborne watch is of the type sold all over in the 1990s rather than a genuine USSR issue item, am I correct?

Any info will be apreciated.
    Thanks , Jim.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture two late USSR watches, what are they and are they worth anything   two late USSR watches, what are they and are they worth anything  

two late USSR watches, what are they and are they worth anything  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement two late USSR watches, what are they and are they worth anything
    P
    Many

The watches are both genuine military ones, both I think are by Vostok. They retail at around $20-$30.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    The watches are both genuine military ones, both I think are by Vostok. They retail at around $20-$30.

Regards, Ned.
    What makes you think any of them are military? I don't think any are military, none are (even) commissary marked. The ВДВ marked one (on the right) doesn't mean it was military issue, or even that its owner was in the ВДВ? How do you tell the difference?

The ВДВ marked one may in fact be post soviet, it isn't marked CCCP, but you can take the back off and look for an SU (soviet) or RUS (post soviet) on the movement but my guess is it will be unmarked and probably Russian, but the folks at watchuseek will know more.

The left and right are both vostok, but the one in the center I don't recognize?