Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown leather belt.

Article about: There is one unknown leather belt for my.Looks like some rifle sling.The lengt of belt is 117cm.

desert eagle
    ?

Default Unknown leather belt.

There is one unknown leather belt for my.Looks like some rifle sling.The lengt of belt is 117cm.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown leather belt.   Unknown leather belt.  

Unknown leather belt.   Unknown leather belt.  

Unknown leather belt.  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Unknown leather belt.

Someone else about this same item and asked if this was a Mosin Nagant sling. I don't know.

Cheers, Ade.

desert eagle
    ?

The finnish mosin sling Finnish Slings and the russian mosin sling M91 - M91/30 Sling none of them fit.Check the buckle.

It looks like a sling for a Dutch Hembrug M95 rifle. Especially when I look at the buckle and the rivets of the sling. See; CIC - Wapens landmacht or http://www.leger1939-1940.nl/Uniform/start_uniform.html (sorry both websites are in Dutch).
    Normally the M95 rifle sling has a length about 126 cm. Your sling is 117 cm. Maybe it is shortened for some reason. Most M95 slings were marked with an ink stamp but this stamp can be wiped out in time off course. For example, an ink stamp like this; CM 1915. CM means “Centrale Magazijnen” (Central Warehouses) and the number is the year of production. What is the width of the sling?

After the defeat of the Dutch army in 1940 the Germans reused these captured rifles. A lot of these rifles were sent to their occupied territories in the east, including the Baltic States. In these occupied territories the M95 rifles were often used by police forces or second line soldiers. A lot of these German reused M95 rifles had also an adapted fastening for the rifle sling. It was a fastening which was similar to the fastening of the German Mauser K98 rifle sling. Maybe your shorten sling was used on a German adapted M95 rifle.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown leather belt.  

desert eagle
    ?

Thank you.