Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Usage of RIA shovels during GPW?

Article about: Hello Last time I have a big concern related to early Great Patriotic War period and usage of shovels at that time, exactely, what type of shovels was most common and that time? I know that

Question Usage of RIA shovels during GPW?

Hello
    Last time I have a big concern related to early Great Patriotic War period and usage of shovels at that time, exactely, what type of shovels was most common and that time?
    I know that the type of shovel commonly used through WWI and WWII was MPL50.
    However, during WWI we can already see that except square shaped digging tools appears type with triangle ending.

At the beggining of GPW the most commonly seen (on wartime photographs or being found on 1941 battlefields during exumations of fallen soldiers) type is Square shaped MPL50. However, I wasn’t able to find any of these with wartime or pre war markings. I could only find MPL50s with late 1930s or early 1940s markings but only with triangle shaped top.

My question is-were all these square shaped MPL50s seen at the beggining of war WWI manufactured examples, brought from old stocks to supply the army?
    And what was the difference between square shaped and triangle-ended shovel? Why both of these MPL50 version appear simmultaneously?

Best Regards
    Jacob

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Usage of RIA shovels during GPW?
    P
    Many