Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

USSR holster for Tokarev ??

Article about: Attachment 617008Attachment 617009Attachment 617010I got this Tokarev with holster and belt several years back. But I was wondering if the holster is really for this gun? The gun fits in the

?

Default USSR holster for Tokarev ??

Attachment 617008Attachment 617009Attachment 617010I got this Tokarev with holster and belt several years back. But I was wondering if the holster is really for this gun? The gun fits in there fine but the mag pouch on the holster is way to small for the Tokarev mags. Just wondering if this wasn't for the Tokarev then what was it for?
    Also does the belt and buckle look WW 2 vintage or post war?
    Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USSR holster for Tokarev ??   USSR holster for Tokarev ??  

USSR holster for Tokarev ??  
    Last edited by popeye; 12-27-2013 at 04:28 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement USSR holster for Tokarev ??
    P
    Many

No pics showing?
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

My bust. Got them there now.

?

I guess it' s a Husquarna holster, Swedish / Finnish
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

And the belt is a postwar General's belt
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

I tried some other mags in the pouch and it seems a 380 or 32 seem to be more the size than 9mm.
    But several of my pistol fit the holster not really formed to any like a luger or 45 style holster.

Catja
    ?

Almost certain it's an army holster for the Swedish M/1907 - variant of the Browning M/1903, and actually very similar to the Tokarev in shape.

The pistols were produced by both Husqvarna and Fabrique Nationale.

Quote by Catja View Post
    Almost certain it's an army holster for the Swedish M/1907 (...).
    You should not be "almost" certain - you are absolutely right, that it is the Swedish holster for Husquarna pistol. As far as I know it was produced untiil introduction of the Lahti pistol with its unique holster in 40's.
    Definitively not used by the Red Army.

Quote by Tomasz70 View Post
    (...)
    Definitively not used by the Red Army.
    But...

...these were the rules, and there could be exceptions to the rules.

Some Swedish volunteers arrived to Finland during Winter War with its own weapon (e.g. Husquarna pistols - see FINNISH ARMY 1918-1945: REVOLVERS & PISTOLS PART 3 ).
    We cannot definitively say, that the holster was not captured / liberated by Red Army soldier and used later for holding the TT pistol. It is not very likely, but we cannot exclude such a possibility.
    Original Swedish holsers for M/1907 gun were made of light brown shade leather, this holster looks like being specially stained to appear similarly like Soviet equipment - this could be done by age or the (Soviet?) owner.
    The conception is however not convincing, as the holster is riveted - war and pre war Swedish holsters were sewn, rivets in my opinion apperad post war.
    Anyway, without documented proof we can only say that it is the Swedish holster added to Red Army pistol and officer belt.