Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 Russian F1-RG42 Pouch Variations Pics #1

Article about: Hello!!, some pics of different variations of grenade pouches found so far. There are 7 different ones. I have only been collecting grenades and related for less than 6 months, so I am sure

Default WW2 Russian F1-RG42 Pouch Variations Pics #1

Hello!!, some pics of different variations of grenade pouches found so far. There are 7 different ones. I have only been collecting grenades and related for less than 6 months, so I am sure I will be posting more sometime. I cant stop.

Some of these are interesting. Some have small leather closure tabs, with big buckles, leather tab sewn on backwards, and all sorts of little strange manufacturing details. This is what makes Soviet WW2 collecting fun, the hunt for more variations etc. and of course the history that goes along with all of it.

Does anyone have more variations to show??? How many variations do you think there are, dozens??

Regards, Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Russian F1-RG42 Pouch Variations  Pics #1   WW2 Russian F1-RG42 Pouch Variations  Pics #1  

WW2 Russian F1-RG42 Pouch Variations  Pics #1   WW2 Russian F1-RG42 Pouch Variations  Pics #1  

WW2 Russian F1-RG42 Pouch Variations  Pics #1   WW2 Russian F1-RG42 Pouch Variations  Pics #1  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 Russian F1-RG42 Pouch Variations  Pics #1
    P
    Many

Default Re: WW2 Russian F1-RG42 Pouch Variations Pics #2

More Pics of the pouches. Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Russian F1-RG42 Pouch Variations  Pics #1   WW2 Russian F1-RG42 Pouch Variations  Pics #1  

Default Re: WW2 Russian F1-RG42 Pouch Variations Pics #1

Hi Steve, they are all original pouches, but I would be very wary of that "Moscow 1941" stamp. I suspect this has been used to "enhance" what was an unmarked pouch? I would wait for Dimas and Mikes thoughts on this.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Steve, they are all original pouches, but I would be very wary of that "Moscow 1941" stamp. I suspect this has been used to "enhance" what was an unmarked pouch? I would wait for Dimas and Mikes thoughts on this.

Cheers, Ade.
    Hi Ade, I noticed that also. It is so perfect looking, as is the rest of the pouch. I think maybe the stamp turned out nice because that particular pouch is a very different fabric, and finer weave, and smoother. It is very flat when layed out for stamping. I have not seen another with that fine fabric so far.

It looks real to me, but on the other hand, you're right it could be a fake stamp, or pouch for that matter. I will see as you say what my friend Dimas!! has to say about it. I only paid $20 US for it. If it is fake, it will be my example of a fake pouch/stamp. : )

Regards, Steve

P.S. are you always by your computer, or have it at all times. You always seem to respond to my posts very fast, almost immediate. I thought maybe you had a program to answer posts to forum automatic, something maybe Dimas the comp. wizard came up with. But I see they are not form replies!

Hi Steve, I am just online a lot

Cheers, Ade.

Very nice Russian ordnance....BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

?

I would say that this is original stamp indeed
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by Bill Grist View Post
    Very nice Russian ordnance....BILL
    Hi Bill, thanks. Many more treasures to share. So much good info and reading. I really am enjoying the site, and seem to be getting the hang of it.

Can I ask you what it means here on the site when someone asks to be your friend? I mean, what does that require, do I have to get the spare room ready for company, or just be a nice guy?

Regards, Steve

Quote by Dimas View Post
    I would say that this is original stamp indeed
    Hi Dimas, thanks for taking a look at the pouches. I thought the very clear stamp was also real, but great to get your opinion, you have for sure seen more than I.
    I have not seen this type fabric before on a grenade pouch, it's a nice fabric like maybe a uniform was made of. Have you seen many? The pouch came with a couple other items, and a 1941 date Moisin-Nagant rifle parts/ammo pouch. I think that is what it is, I will post a pic.

I posted pics of 3 RGD33 pouches, did you see those too?

I also found another 3 different RGD33 pouches. I will post pics of them soon to look at. Collection is growing very quickly!

Regards, Steve