Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WWII Red Army enlisted men leather belt?

Article about: This belt looks like a World War II Red Army leather riveted belt for enlisted men (similar has been showed on page 84 of the Philippe Rio book “The Soviet Soldier of World War Two” publishe

Default WWII Red Army enlisted men leather belt?

This belt looks like a World War II Red Army leather riveted belt for enlisted men (similar has been showed on page 84 of the Philippe Rio book “The Soviet Soldier of World War Two” published by the Histoire et Collections).
    What is your opinion? Could it be a WWII Soviet Army belt?
    WWII Red Army enlisted men leather belt?WWII Red Army enlisted men leather belt?WWII Red Army enlisted men leather belt?WWII Red Army enlisted men leather belt?Total length is 122 cm, 3,3 cm wide, buckle 3 cm x 3,7 cm, distance between rivets 3 cm and 1 cm.
    Thank you in advance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWII Red Army enlisted men leather belt?
    P
    Many

Hello,

The leather seems a little heavy for a soviet production. Bulgarian had very similar ones.
    The buckle seems also narrow to me.

Now that said, it is not the most usual piece of equipement to find, so expert opinion will be more than welcom.

Bruno

Just for closure of the thread - I have an opinion from a soviet militaria collector and seller: he took this belt in his hands and said without a shadow of a doubt, that it is in fact wartime belt for Red Army men.
    And as a confirmation of his opinion I have just found the similar item here Original WW2 German militaria, WW2 Red Army militaria, WW2 Soviet militaria and more... (position 554), more photos WW2 item
    So, lucky for me it is not only a gift from my Grandma (belt was used by my Grandfather in civilian life for suspending the trousers - he did not serve in Red Army, he was Polish deported to forced labor in Baltic republics during war - Latvia), but a WWII military artifact as well.

?

Similar to the soviet, but some armies as Hungarian and Bulgarian used similar. I prefer the stitched version
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics