Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Is This a WWII Russian Bag?

Article about: I picked this bag up several years ago. It is supposed to be WWII Russian. It has a WWII German breadbag strap attached to it. Can anyone tell me exactly what it is? Is this the Russian vers

?

Default Is This a WWII Russian Bag?

I picked this bag up several years ago. It is supposed to be WWII Russian. It has a WWII German breadbag strap attached to it.
    Can anyone tell me exactly what it is? Is this the Russian version of a breadbag?

Thanks,
    Mike
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is This a WWII Russian Bag?   Is This a WWII Russian Bag?  

Is This a WWII Russian Bag?   Is This a WWII Russian Bag?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is This a WWII Russian Bag?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Is This a WWII Russian Bag?

Hi Mike, not Soviet to the best of my knowledge.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Switzerland or some of Lithuania IMO
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Comrades,
    Is it not French ?, part of the Personal Equipment , I don't know their Patterns , (sorry and that) issued late in the 1930's it was worn under the Back Pack, it is was used to carry Personal Kit and the front Pockets Munitions, I believe.

The Fitting that a Gitlerite Bread Bag Strap has been attached to is of a French Pattern.

My Comrade got me thinking. It is indeed French. Not only that one has been shown on the forum here from one of our French members:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ussr-...29-a-3302.html

Cheers, Ade.

Tak Tochno Comrade Administrator, and our Camarade in our France Direction of Interest has a fine Scale of Issue.. my Compliments to his Command.

?

Thanks, guys! It definitely matches the French bag shown in the photos. The guy I got it from several years ago thought it was Russian but didn't know for sure. I just liked it and the field-attached breadbag strap just added to it. The price was cheap enough so I bought it.
    I notice in the photo the main compartment has a French messkit in it. I just happen to have a French messkit. Now I have a place to put it!

Best Regards,
    Mike

P.S. What is the device in the leather loops between the pockets?

Hi Mike, that is great that you have found a home for your mess tin! I don't know what the item is in the photo. I would drop a line to our French comrade or ask in his thread. His English is sometimes limited, (but better than now rusty my schoolboy French!) so keep your question simple for him.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi Mike, I think I know know what the item is you asked about which fits in between the pouches. I think it is a monopod mount for the MG buttstock. Just seen one on the forum!

Cheers, Ade.

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Mike, I think I know know what the item is you asked about which fits in between the pouches. I think it is a monopod mount for the MG buttstock. Just seen one on the forum!

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks, Adrian! I couldn't figure out what it was, but I knew someone on here would know.

Best Regards,
    Mike