Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

1908 pattern water bottle carrier. 1940 dated.

Article about: I picked up this bottle and carrier the other day. I nearly walked past it because of the condition of the bottle and the fact the moths had been so busy. The wool cover was completely missi

Default 1908 pattern water bottle carrier. 1940 dated.

I picked up this bottle and carrier the other day. I nearly walked past it because of the condition of the bottle and the fact the moths had been so busy. The wool cover was completely missing but then I noticed the wide straps so thought it was worth a punt.

So I found it to be 1908 pattern with the 1921 adjustment to the securing strap and made in 1940. I know Warspite has one on his Blog.

I thought I would post the pictures for interest.

Any thoughts on the rubber bung ? I have seen pictures of Green ones before but not an orange one. It also does not have an eyelet fitted for securing to the bottle.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1908 pattern water bottle carrier. 1940 dated.   1908 pattern water bottle carrier. 1940 dated.  

1908 pattern water bottle carrier. 1940 dated.  

?

So cool!

?

I'm not sure the stopper is original to the bottle. I wonder if the bottle was actually made by JURY (so few Mk VII water bottle makers are known)...

I'm with Karkee on this one-I would question if the stopper is original to it, but it seems to fit very well and so may even be a field replacement. A nice piece with a ton of character to it! Good find!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Karkee,
    I believe Jury to be the maker as Jury was a maker of Enamelware. I cant seem to find much information about them though, just lots of Enamelware products.

$1.50 each online ...... so who can tell?
    Attached Images Attached Images 1908 pattern water bottle carrier. 1940 dated. 
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

I have some original un-used WW2 Stoppers with the cord kicking around somewhere.

Dean O
    Canada