Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1925 pattern RAF webbing

Article about: I have finally got the right bits of 25 patt to put together a wearable set. It's all original and dated 1941 or earlier apart from one brace attachment where I have had to substitute a 37 p

Default 1925 pattern RAF webbing

I have finally got the right bits of 25 patt to put together a wearable set. It's all original and dated 1941 or earlier apart from one brace attachment where I have had to substitute a 37 patt army one. If anyone can point me in the direction of a b/g 25 patt one I'd be very grateful! Either way I am very pleased with this set.

Ed1925 pattern RAF webbing1925 pattern RAF webbing

Very Nice! Is the holster for a .455 or a .38? I have one that fits both comfortably...

It's the later version of the 25 patt without the wooden plug so my guess is for the .38, unfortunately I don't have a .455 to try in it! I have an RAF lanyard coming somewhere in the ether from eBay to finish it off...

Mine is from about 1940 and the .455 fits with the butt projecting slightly, but it is not too tight a fit, and the flap closes easily.

In contrast, the .455 doesn't fit in my '37 patt flap holster or tanker's holster. I wondered if the later '25 patt design allowed some leeway to allow both types of pistol to be carried..

Either way, great set you have!

?

Great set of webbing Warspite! I've always liked the blue-gray Pattern 1925 set, but I don't know where I would begin to look for it.

It's taken me about six months to put it together and I have been incredibly lucky. A mate emailed me details of the haversack whilst I was on holiday in Spain and I had a nervous twenty minutes trying to buy it using a very dodgy hotel wifi connection. The holster was listed as 37 patt so I got that for a steal and a friend sold me the two parts of the backpack. I'd like to put together a set of 19 or 40 patt next...

?

That sounds like a streak of good luck alright, but collecting webbing is like that (everything seems to appear at the same time).

P19 and P40! Now that is ambitious… It took me about five years to track down the Pattern 1919 Set (probably harder to find here in the states) and I have not even attempted Pattern 1940. The only P40 webbing components I have ever seen available have been waterbottle carriers, cartridge carriers and keyway straps…

If you put anymore sets together, be sure to post pictures!

I have a 40 patt water bottle holder and pouches and a 19 patt holster so I've made a start! Long way to go with those though... It's addictive this webbing collecting!

?

Quote by Warspite View Post
    I have a 40 patt water bottle holder and pouches and a 19 patt holster so I've made a start! Long way to go with those though... It's addictive this webbing collecting!
    Sounds like a good start! I know exactly what you mean about being addicted to collecting web equipment...I've learned to get the difficult pieces first, before even considering starting a new set of webbing (to avoid the disappointment of an incomplete set later on)

Thanks for the advice I'll bear it in mind. If I can find a p40 backbelt I can modify a 37 patt small pack and cross straps to act as placeholders to assemble the set until the genuine articles show up...