Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1940 Pattern Cavalry Webbing Shoulder Braces

Article about: Thought I would share my latest find with you. This is my best pick up of the year and is a pair of 1940 pattern shoulder braces with the distinctive loops for the keyway straps: These are m

Default 1940 Pattern Cavalry Webbing Shoulder Braces

Thought I would share my latest find with you. This is my best pick up of the year and is a pair of 1940 pattern shoulder braces with the distinctive loops for the keyway straps:

These are made by ME Co and dated 1940:

I picked these up for £16.50 after they had been misidentified as 37 patt. According to Karkee Web they are virtually unobtainable on the collectors market and i certainly have never seen another set for sale. I am very pleased to have picked up another bit to add to my 1940 patt set, which i am slowly putting together. This is very much a back burner project but this is a great leap forward. Does anyone have any idea of a value? I imagine my normal house and contents insurance should cover them, but its hard to gauge the going rate for them due to their rarity.

?

Great find! Some of my favorite pieces were misidentified!

I think the eBay seller Hogspear had a complete set of Officers' P1940 webbing a while back in similar condition that went for a couple hundred dollars (it was misidentified as well).

I'm doing pretty well with the 40 patt. This is what I've got so far:

I've found a pair of keyway straps and hopefully they will still be there on payday! Just need the back belt and haversack then, but again they are rare so it will be a waiting game until they come on the market.

ILH
    ?

Very nice,
    About a year ago I won a havesack on fleabay for £15... misidentified as 37 and so badly photographed that it was hard to tell, but the listing mentioned a stud on the bottom so i went for it.
    I've got the keyways and wb cradle, but i'm after the belt pieces and shoulder straps.... i'll find them one day.

?

Don't worry guys, I'm sure there's an (as of yet) undiscovered crate of the P40 pieces you need somewhere out there! Probably sitting in some Raiders of the Lost Ark style warehouse...

As promised I have now added a pair of keyway straps. Just need a haversack and backbelt to complete the set (any leads much appreciated!)

?

Very Nice Warspite! It looks like you're only a backstrap and haversack away from a complete set!

By the way, I saw a great KD impression with P03 B.E. on your blog that you should have posted on the Empire Page!

?

Too bad you can't get another set of those new straps and use the keyway fittings with a P1919 backstrap, just so you could put the set together...

Unfortunately the 40 patt back belt is a couple of inches longer than the 19 patt. I have wondered about getting the key way fittings etched from brass and then using a 37 patt belt cut down for the rest, might be more difficult than it sounds though....

Very pleased to have finally been able to add another component to the set- just missing the haversack and brass shoulder brace keeper now and I will have a full set...might take me another five years to find the next component however!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast