Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

37 Pattern Flare Gun Holster?

Article about: Just having a look through my webbing box and came across this which i forgot i had. Am i right in thinking its a 37 pattern flare gun holster? Its is leather lined, green webbing material w

Default 37 Pattern Flare Gun Holster?

Just having a look through my webbing box and came across this which i forgot i had.
    Am i right in thinking its a 37 pattern flare gun holster? Its is leather lined, green webbing material with brass fittings.
    I have tried to do some research into these but cant seem to find much information. Are the common and im just not looking hard enough?

Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 37 Pattern Flare Gun Holster?   37 Pattern Flare Gun Holster?  

37 Pattern Flare Gun Holster?  

Default Re: 37 Pattern Flare Gun Holster?

It looks different to the standard 37 pattern holster and has straps that are stitched to it. Plus the flap is constructed differently. Is it possible it is a private purchase?

?

I haven't a clue on this 1 maybe somebody will be able to help later? I never seen 1 of these before..Good luck. Cheers Terry.

Quote by Tango View Post
    I haven't a clue on this 1 maybe somebody will be able to help later? I never seen 1 of these before..Good luck. Cheers Terry.
    Cheers Terry, Its a new one on us aswell.

?

I think that its fairly common knowledge that I know my 37ptn W/E fairly well, but, like Terry in #3 above, I've also never seen one of these before, HOWEVER, it does look very similar to the leather ones that were available for attachment to the officers leather Sam Browne equipment.

Are there any markings on it? They are usually on the inside of the flap if there are.

Having just checked Karkee Web it may be that it is of CANADIAN manufacture, unfortunately, their Colonial section is not currently available.

Sorry I cant be of more help.

Regards etc
    Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

Thanks for the response.

It appears there were at some point as there are traces but are unreadable. What i find unusual is that there is both a belt loop and integral sewn on shoulder straps.

?

The more that I look at it, the more it is shouting Canadian/Australian, more towards Canadian.

It was not unusual to find both a sling and belt loops fitted to some items, although in that case the shoulder strap tended to be detachable as opposed to fixed, eg with the 37ptn binocular case, the later version of which had buckles fitted on the sides so that it could be slung on a shoulder strap.

Regards etc
    Ian D

Quote by jimpy View Post
    The more that I look at it, the more it is shouting Canadian/Australian, more towards Canadian.

It was not unusual to find both a sling and belt loops fitted to some items, although in that case the shoulder strap tended to be detachable as opposed to fixed, eg with the 37ptn binocular case, the later version of which had buckles fitted on the sides so that it could be slung on a shoulder strap.

Regards etc
    Ian D

Ive been looking at Canadian and australian and cant seem to find anything similar. Its really starting to bug me lol.

- - Updated - -

Would you agree it is for a flare gun?

?

I am sure that I have seen similar in period photos, but can I find any now? Can I heckers like!!
    Looking at the size/shape of it, I would definately agree with you that it is for a flare pistol.

Regards etc
    Ian D

Quote by jimpy View Post
    I am sure that I have seen similar in period photos, but can I find any now? Can I heckers like!!
    Looking at the size/shape of it, I would definately agree with you that it is for a flare pistol.

Regards etc
    Ian D

Im going to keep looking. The buckles and straps remind me of 37 pattern webbing so i am still going to say ww2.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast