Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

37 pattern webbing components.

Article about: Morning gents, a quick question, would it have been common place or indeed happen at all that the allies could be issued with webbing that was made up of a mixture of manufacturer's from dif

Default 37 pattern webbing components.

Morning gents,
    a quick question, would it have been common place or indeed happen at all that the allies could be issued with webbing that was made up of a mixture of manufacturer's from different nationalities? Such as a British made belt, straps , bottle , then Canadian made pouches and entrenching tool or any combination of the above?? Or were webbing sets always issued from one Nations "stocks"? Thanks in advance, Leon.

I asked this question of someone about 30 years ago....and they told me that a mix was possible.....but since then loads of people have told me what loads of letters represent on Home Front lids....and they were all wrong!

Looking forward to your answer.....'great question.

Yes, in Australia for OS Deffo, have UK, Canadian & Indian made junk marked to Aussies.

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Yes, in Australia for OS Deffo, have UK, Canadian & Indian made junk marked to Aussies.
    Thanks for the info Rene, It just seemed to me especially in the run-up to Overlord in 1944 that it would be a pointless logistical exercise keeping British,Canadian and for that matter any other Nations stock "strictly separate rather than just getting the kit issued. But then again, that would be the sort of pointless exercise us Brits would undertake!! Leon.

...and we'd appoint someone to manage it too.....and they'd paint in on their helmet too :-)