Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

44 Patt Pack Contents

Article about: This might be of interest to some, I have laid out and photographed the contents of my 44 Pattern pack: I have seen a few 37 patt pack contents before, but not many for 44 patt so hopefully

Default 44 Patt Pack Contents

This might be of interest to some, I have laid out and photographed the contents of my 44 Pattern pack:
    44 Patt Pack Contents
    I have seen a few 37 patt pack contents before, but not many for 44 patt so hopefully it's useful...

Ed

It's great to see a layout, can you put a written description of the contents up as well.
    Its rare to see the pouch for the KFS set.

I will be doing a full annotated version on my blog in the next week or so, I will post the link when it goes live! It's taken a while to get this set together, it's much harder to find everything than the wartime kit...I am also working on filling out a naval 19 pattern rucksack and the bits I need for that makes this lot look easy and common to find!

Do you know how the different colour water purification tins fit into which timescale ?
    I have green ,brown and black tins and think green to be the earliest and black to be the latest but this is only a guess and may just be based on the green being in worst condition and black being the best condition. Maybe they were all around at the same time.

Not sure about the colour if I'm honest. My understanding is that if the bottles are sealed with a cork they are earlier than the screw top bottles

Nice set, is the small mirror for shaving? and do you know of the purpose of the hole to the centre? it looks to have an eyelet.

Cheers
    Harry

Thanks, very informative website.

No problems, I have been writing it for about eighteen months now- its a good way of motivating myself to research the items in my collection!

As promised, here is the link to the blog post with the key to everything on the layout. Click on the hyperlinks for a more detailed look at some of the items: https://hatchfive.wordpress.com/2015...-and-contents/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast