Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

58 Patt Webbing Belt Modification

Article about: Perhaps one of the ex- forces members could help me out on this one? Just been going through old stuff that I purchased when I first started collecting and re- discovered this 58 Patt webbin

Default 58 Patt Webbing Belt Modification

Perhaps one of the ex- forces members could help me out on this one? Just been going through old stuff that I purchased when I first started collecting and re- discovered this 58 Patt webbing set. I am just wondering if anyone knows anything about the modified buckle on it. It looks pretty heavy duty. I am just wondering if this modification was carried out generally or by specific units or whatever? Many thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 58 Patt Webbing Belt Modification   58 Patt Webbing Belt Modification  

58 Patt Webbing Belt Modification  

?

Hello James I did to my beltkit once back in the 80s...It's just rollbelt buckle. I couldn't get on with it as I felt mine kept coming undone!!. But back in the day the 58 belt was pants for adjusting..it was fiddly & not very quick. So the reason guys done this is if you had to wear NBC kit or extra layers it was a lot easier!!!!. Hope this helps? Cheers Terry.

Cheers Terry, so it was just a question of adapting the belt so that it could be quickly adjusted when the need arose? I have seen on other forums (mainly airsofters and that sort of thing ) that the SAS were fond of modifying their webbing, however in this case I am sure that this was a general modification and not unit specific?

?

I can tell you have some sort of REMFs kit there as he or she still has the kidney pouches on..Nooooo body left those things on..that were to put politely crap so most lads would use waterbottle pouches.. As for the SAS troopers I know from a good source that the reason their fiddled with their kit is they were using the Armalite/M16 which as you know uses a smaller round.. so smaller ammo pouches were needed if you wanted to stop things from rattling about & or getting lost in the depths of the pouch!!!.So I know some regiments were more anal than others but I think in all most soldiers could make minor adjustments...Cheers Terry.

?

Here you go James this is Cecil wearing my old beltkit form the 80s...I was in my Mothers loft for years so I thought I use on this display... As you can see waterbottle pouches are the flavour & the poncho roll is attached to the top of the pouches. Saves it hanging around your butt... Cheers Terry. 58 Patt Webbing Belt Modification