Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

American dog tag found

Article about: This gets better and better after finding a live grenade in my garden I have now just found this dog tag not sure if its ww2 or not? Could anybody point me in the right direction as to findi

Default Re: American dog tag found

I found his wife's obituary. Unfortunately she passed away in 2009. However, it lists her surviving family. This is your jumpoff point for contacting next-of-kin: Richmond County Daily Journal - Jean Stinson

Facebook is a great tool for this. I would be more than happy to do the nitty gritty for you, if you don't have time.

Quote by Bill T View Post
    haha I figured you would find some more. Makes you wonder why he chose to bury his wartime personal items? If he only knew that years later a collector of these items would find them........
    I'm with Bill....I just can't imagine Why a guy would have left all this stuff behind....his Dog tags? Even his shaving razor?? And was the grenade his too, you have to wonder? Just too strange...one of those little mysteries from the war that will, likely, never be solved!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I'm with Bill....I just can't imagine Why a guy would have left all this stuff behind....his Dog tags? Even his shaving razor?? And was the grenade his too, you have to wonder? Just too strange...one of those little mysteries from the war that will, likely, never be solved!
    I know it....
    The only thing I could think of (clearly speculation) is if he was initially trying to get rid of the grenade by burying it, and just dumped his "war stuff" in there as well?? Certainly a mystery tho.

Thanks for the info guys and thank you for finding out all the info about him.

As per Panzer Trooper's request, I am currently doing the research on this dog tag.

I have located a man who I believe to be B.B. Stinson's grandson or perhaps great nephew. He has been contacted, and I am now awaiting a response. I'll keep you folks updated!

Thank you very much for researching this for me.

Update:

I have located Buford Bryson Stinson's granddaughter. She told me that she would call me today. I will give her the details then!

Also, Panzer Trooper could you please forward me some contact info on your behalf so that I can get her in touch with you?

What a great job you did.
    chris

She called! She is very excited about all of this. According to her, "B.B." was in injured whilst fighting in Normandy. Who knows how the tag ended up in your garden?

Panzer Trooper, I will be forwarding her contact info to you here shortly.

Nice to hear that you found his granddaughter

Meanwhile I've been doing some research on my own and found out that Buford B Stinson served in Company B, 38th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Infantry Division. He served 19 months in foreign theaters and received the Purple Heart, Combat Infantry Badge, Bronze Star, Good Conduct Medal and the Europe-Africa-Middle Eastern Campaign medal with 4 Bronze Service Stars. He was discharged 9th October 1945.

I've sent Panzer Trooper his draft card and info on his service.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast