Default American Dogtag?

Is it real?

Thank you

-Normandie

American Dogtag?American Dogtag?

Default Re: American Dogtag?

Looks OK to me?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Looks real to me. Got his tetanus shot in 43 (T43) blood type B (B) and he is a catholic (C) this tag also has the next of kin. The chain is also real but you are missing the second tag.
    Techcorporal zemog

Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

I have searched the records and IF I have done it right, no records are coming up for this man? Serial number does not come up (56760025) nor does a man of this name.

If so, this calls the tag into question and I would not buy it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Woopsy, I did not notice that. Not all American World War 2 records are not available, I think it was because of a fire a while back. To me it looked like 35750025 because I am on a laptop with a dark screen. If it was me, I would pass on this one and get a dogtag that can be researched.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

There was a Francis J. Beireis from Cook ILL who died in 1984. This would put him in the right age group to have served in WWII. I can not see any reason to fake a GI dog tag with such an unusual name. Also the chain is of a type I have seen on other dog tags from that time. I think it's a good tag. The US Army records are a mess since the government let a wharehouse full of records burn down, so it is very difficult if not impossible to use them to research vets.

Thank you!