Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Another random Bag to ID!

Article about: Hey guys, I feel bad having to start a thread for this, but I picked this bag up for a few dollars over vacation and cant seem to make a positive ID. I liked the colors/looks of the bag, so

?

Default Another random Bag to ID!

Hey guys, I feel bad having to start a thread for this, but I picked this bag up for a few dollars over vacation and cant seem to make a positive ID. I liked the colors/looks of the bag, so I scooped it.

It is dated 1939 and also says "Made in France" inside. The bottom of the bag is reinforced by metal. It looks like it could say 'US" on the leather strap, but I dunno.

Any help would be great. My guess is some type of Gasmask bag or similar?

Thank You.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another random Bag to ID!   Another random Bag to ID!  

Another random Bag to ID!   Another random Bag to ID!  

Another random Bag to ID!  

Default Re: Another random Bag to ID!

French respirator bag.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Nice, Thanks alot Ade.
    I did look through French equipment/etc but couldnt find a match. Which is why I thought it might have been made by France but used for a different nation. Anyway, Thanks again!

I am not for one moment doubting Ade's identification but it struck me as slightly odd that a product made in France for the French has "Made in France" rather than Fabriquée en France.

Hi Richie, it will be an export stamp I think. Like the Made in England marks on FS knives exported to the US postwar and the surplus DAK tropenhelms marked Made in Germany.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Richie, it will be an export stamp I think. Like the Made in England marks on FS knives exported to the US postwar and the surplus DAK tropenhelms marked Made in Germany.

Cheers, Ade.
    Doh - hadn't thought of that !