Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Any Ideas What This Bench Is For?

Article about: Can anyone help us with exactly what this is? I believe it is a bench for a hand crank radio generator but have yet to find another example. Ran across one that was similar but had the gener

Default Re: Any Ideas What This Bench Is For?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    In actuality, I believe that this is simply a cobbler's or shoemaker's bench....It may or may not be a military boot repairman's bench. William
    I agree. Cobblers bench seems most reasonable. But personal Ironing board for an officer type isnt a bad call either! Any markings on the bottom side?

***Visit the Black/White Photo Colorization thread and get your photo colorized***

Colorizations are Free of charge, however, ANY donations are appreciated and will fully go toward helping the forum's operation. PM for details

Default Re: Any Ideas What This Bench Is For?

There are no markings of any type...

I'm still of the opinion that this bench is part of a portable field radio hand generator set up, although I will not rule out the cow milking bench possibility.......

Here is a photo that I borrowed from the Olive-Drab web site, looks very much the same just more advanced set up. I'm thinking my bench preceeds the one shown in this photo.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bench3.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	271981

Clearly, the shape is such that it is meant to be straddled and the knees kept tucked in.

Shoeing horses maybe?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12