Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Aust. Metal Ammo Box 1941 - Anyone know what this held?

Article about: Greetings all, I am trying to work out what these ammo tins held. They are both very similar, the blue painted example is a little larger. One is partially marked, I can read "CASE ...

Default Aust. Metal Ammo Box 1941 - Anyone know what this held?

Greetings all,
    I am trying to work out what these ammo tins held. They are both very similar, the blue painted example is a little larger. One is partially marked, I can read "CASE ... - '19' (AUST.) and the date '41. I have never seen a box like this but I have not had much to do with ammo tins.
    The very best!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Aust. Metal Ammo Box 1941 - Anyone know what this held?   Aust. Metal Ammo Box 1941 - Anyone know what this held?  

Aust. Metal Ammo Box 1941 - Anyone know what this held?   Aust. Metal Ammo Box 1941 - Anyone know what this held?  

Aust. Metal Ammo Box 1941 - Anyone know what this held?   Aust. Metal Ammo Box 1941 - Anyone know what this held?  

Looks like a tool kit box to me

?

I doubt these are ammo boxes, more likely parts boxes, especially with that padding and compartments.
    #19 will be part of a set.
    Case storage...? Case stores...? Just need to figure out what words come after unless someone recognises these.
    See if wetting the surface helps.

Oz.

?

Beaten by quick draw McKradman :-D

Oz.

I suspect the top one might have been for spare radio valves due to the foam pad on the underside. These were regularly fitted to prevent the glass valves being damaged in transit.

Warspite you maybe right could be for radio spares

Many thanks for your time gents. Much appreciated!

Both metal boxes have the inner foam insulation pads riveted to the inside lid. Spare part/tool boxes hadn't crossed my mind.

Top work as always gentlemen!

The very best!

NCA
    ?

They are both for the Wireless set 19. The top one is for Valves (missing the internal padding) and the blue one is for spare parts.I have one the same as the blue one with a list of the parts it contained.