Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Aust/US M1956 Suspenders Comparison

Article about: G'day All Figured to post these 69 dated suspenders to show the similarities BTW is this ERDL genuine?

Default Aust/US M1956 Suspenders Comparison

G'day All

Figured to post these 69 dated suspenders to show the similarities
    BTW is this ERDL genuine?

?

great comparison René, even if it falls outside of my knowledge base! What's your dog's name?

Quote by karkee View Post
    great comparison René, even if it falls outside of my knowledge base! What's your dog's name?
    Cheers Mate, the dog's name is confidential due to her strict security duties

Awesome comparison Rene! The Aussie VN stuff is getting harder to find. I once had almost a whole set of Australian made VN era webbing and pouches. One of the many sales I regret. Genuine canine unit issue ERDL back warmer mate. Not often seen.
    CHEERS

?

The Vn webbing is definitely going the way of WWII and WWI webbing. Get it now I say.
    Hope Rene does not mind me jumping in, here are my four suspenders sets.
    L to R
    Never issued 1969 manufactured Aussie stock that I picked up in an inner city Melbourne Army Disposals store back in only 2011, still in its paper wrapper with matching NSN number. They had a box-full back then, but all gone soon after. I think its the same as Rene's.
    Next is the same 1969 but well worn.
    Next is identical except there are absolutely no markings or arrows anywhere. Anyone know about these as its got me puzzled.
    Last is a US made set, note the different clips.

Oz

PS, "Confidential" is a rather strange name to give a dog.

Here's a 1970 set with original packet - note the change in the inner material (from cotton to synthetic)

A stunningly mint example mate! I haven't yet seen the wrapping! Interesting stuff Rene!

?

Great set Rene. Interesting that the country of manufacture comes up as Bulgaria (the 50 in the code). This is the same country as supplied the 1970's/1980's Aussie helmets.

Oz.

Aay!?!

?

Search "NATO stock numbers" and take a squiz at the Wiki site. 50 = Bulgaria. Surprised me too.

Oz.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast