MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Australian Felt Shoulder Pads for Pattern 37 Webbing Straps

Article about: Hello Forum, Thought I would share an interesting item and an example of its use. Almost certainly Australian made, out of a very hardy material, I know I would rather one of these on my sho

Default Australian Felt Shoulder Pad for Pattern 37 Webbing Straps

Hello Forum,
    Thought I would share an interesting item and an example of its use.
    Almost certainly Australian made, out of a very hardy material, I know I would rather one of these on my shoulder straps if I were carrying a heavy bag of war material
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Australian Felt Shoulder Pads for Pattern 37 Webbing Straps   Australian Felt Shoulder Pads for Pattern 37 Webbing Straps  

Australian Felt Shoulder Pads for Pattern 37 Webbing Straps   Australian Felt Shoulder Pads for Pattern 37 Webbing Straps  

Last edited by christek; 09-12-2015 at 10:59 AM.

Interesting item I had not seen previously but it makes a lot of sense if your carrying an MG or Mortar parts or ammo etc
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

AIF
    ?

Yes mate Aussie made and issued although they are worn with the correct 37 pattern brace and not with a support strap as you have pictured, they were part of the 43 pattern jungle modified webbing although I don't think they saw a great deal of use. I do have a couple of pictures of them in use in New Guinea in 1943. They were also used as padding on the Aussie backboard set up as well.
    Do you have a pair or just the one?

Cheers Luke.

AIF
    ?

I have a few sets all unissued but have seen a few used and worn single pads over the years as well.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Australian Felt Shoulder Pads for Pattern 37 Webbing Straps  

AIF
    ?

Whoops left out the 2nd pic
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Australian Felt Shoulder Pads for Pattern 37 Webbing Straps  

Nice I always thought my set were from the Vietnam war period! cheers

AIF
    ?

Yeah mate, They were worn very early in Vietnam as part of the backboard.

Great info, thanks Luke. I believe I have just the one, I have had for years never realizing what it was! Cheers.