Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Australian Made Leather Enfield Rifle Slings

Article about: Hello all, With so many reproductions of these getting around, I thought I would show two fine originals from my lot. Both slings show the Australian service 'D ↑ D' stamp. The dark

Default Australian Made Leather Enfield Rifle Slings

Hello all,

With so many reproductions of these getting around, I thought I would show two fine originals from my lot.

Both slings show the Australian service 'D ↑ D' stamp. The darker belt is dated 1942, made by 'B & C'. 

The lighter belt is only marked with the defence stamp. I have been told by a fellow collector it may even be a WWI sling but I have my doubts on this.

Can anyone shed any light on the 'B & C' maker? I'd also love to see any other period Australian leather slings that dwell in junk piles!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Australian Made Leather Enfield Rifle Slings   Australian Made Leather Enfield Rifle Slings  

Australian Made Leather Enfield Rifle Slings   Australian Made Leather Enfield Rifle Slings  

Australian Made Leather Enfield Rifle Slings   Australian Made Leather Enfield Rifle Slings  

Australian Made Leather Enfield Rifle Slings