Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Australian P37 Web Equipment Makers...

Article about: Hey guys, I have been trying to decipher the Australian makers of pattern 1937 web equipment with limited success and thought I would post on here and see if anyone could fill in any of the

?

Default Australian P37 Web Equipment Makers...

Hey guys,

I have been trying to decipher the Australian makers of pattern 1937 web equipment with limited success and thought I would post on here and see if anyone could fill in any of the gaps. The following is what I have so far, though I'm not entirely certain that it is all correct (any corrections would be much appreciated as well)...

M.TX._________________Melbourne Textile Company_______Melbourne, Australia______Canvas Items
    C.G.HARTLEY & CO.______C.G. Hartley & Company_______________________________Webbing & Canvas Items
    C.G.H.&CO.
    M. H. & CO._____________Michaelis Hallenstein & Co________Sydney & Melbourne______Webbing Items
    GROSBY_______________Grosby Shoe Company__________Hartwell, Victoria_________Webbing Items
    J. J.___________________J. Josephson OR_______________Sydney, Australia________Webbing Items
    ______________________Johnson and Johnson Party Limited
    R. M. B. LTD.___________Ruskin Motor Bodies Limited______West Melbourne, Victoria___Webbing Items
    M. C. & CO.____________Mulders Canvas & Company_____________________________Canvas Items
    G. M. H._______________General Motors-Holden's Limited___Port Melbourne, Victoria___Webbing & Canvas Items
    C. G. C. F._____________Commonwealth Gvt Clothing FactorySouth Melbourne, Victoria_Canvas Items
    C. G. H. F._____________Commonwealth Gvt Harness FactoryMelbourne, Australia______Leather Items
    A. G. C. F._____________Australian Gvt Clothing Factory
    HARRIS WASHERS & GASKETS__Harris Washers & Gaskets___Melbourne, Victoria______Webbing Items
    G.V. Mulder____________George Victor Mulder_____________East Malvern, Victoria____Webbing, Canvas & Leather Items
    A. F.__________________A.J. & A. Ffrost?________________Brisbane, Queensland?___Webbing Items

UNKNOWN AUSTRALIAN WEBBING MAKERS
    H. LTD.
    R. W. & S.
    M. B. & CO.
    D.C.D.
    S. K.
    R. S. B.
    C&H
    M.B.
    VOGUE

?

Welcome to the forum Karkee. I'm afraid that I cant be much help but I am impressed by your research. Can I ask which city/state you are in?

Cheers,
    Oz

?

Hi Oz,

Thanks for taking the time to look at my post! I'm actually from Gainesville, Florida (I should have included that in the account information) and I've always been fascinated by Australian-made webbing. You guys had to build the industry from scratch once the war started and design equipment that could survive and function in the jungles if New Guinea!

If you can think of anyone on this forum that might be able to help, please direct them to this thread.

-Mike

G'day Mike

Great work there Mate! Thank you! here's some images of some marks listed for you

?

Thanks for the great photos of the Australian maker marks Rene! I didn't realize how many webbing firms Australia actually had until I started to research the subject!

-Mike

Quote by karkee View Post
    Thanks for the great photos of the Australian maker marks Rene! I didn't realize how many webbing firms Australia actually had until I started to research the subject!

-Mike
    No worries Mike it's a pleasure

?

Rene, what is the item in photo 7 please?

Oz

Quote by Ubique View Post
    Rene, what is the item in photo 7 please?

Oz
    G'day Oz,
    To be honest I have no idea other than it being some kind of load carrier

?

Rare to see padding issued to soldiers, maybe radio or mortar parts? Can you post a pic with dimensions of the whole item please?

Oz

Quote by Ubique View Post
    Rare to see padding issued to soldiers, maybe radio or mortar parts? Can you post a pic with dimensions of the whole item please?

Oz
    Sure Oz, ---sorry Mike I don't mean to hijack your thread

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast