Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Australian Pattern 1937 Webbing Set in Pictures

Article about: Australia’s domestic webbing production was slow to get underway during the Second World War. The country was able to procure webbing from England, and later Canada, for its forces serving i

AIF
    ?

Rene my friend I think it is about time we staged an intervention!

Nice pick ups and quite odd to see the inspectors stamps on the front or basic pouches, care factor must have been about 0% that day! haha

got a question about pattern 37 webbing , have you seen or heard of any cases of 37 webbing belt/holster being used during the Vietnam war period ?

Cheers .

?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    To illustrate what I mean by materials at hand, here are three GMH examples that are surely from the same production batch with different closure widths
    Yes René, it does appear to be more of a manufacturing variation than a change in pattern, since those pouches appear to be from the same production run!

?

Quote by Australia View Post
    got a question about pattern 37 webbing , have you seen or heard of any cases of 37 webbing belt/holster being used during the Vietnam war period ?

Cheers .
    Hi Australia,

I'm afraid I don't know very much about postwar webbing, so I don't want to mislead you. This is the best reference that I have found...

Australian Load Carrying Equipment 1945-1988 by Rick Landers

Hope this helps!

Quote by AIF View Post
    Rene my friend I think it is about time we staged an intervention!

Nice pick ups and quite odd to see the inspectors stamps on the front or basic pouches, care factor must have been about 0% that day! haha
    Have to be honest Luke Mate I actually found another 8 more GMH & RMB pouches from the same production lots

AIF
    ?

You're out of control! Hahaha

Quote by AIF View Post
    You're out of control! Hahaha
    The Wife has now forced me to say this! - "I'm Out Of Control And Need The Suggested Intervention"!!
    Shame I didn't find these earlier! I see after closer observation I've noticed a couple have tie marks, these where tied together as a factory bolt! I wonder how many to a bolt?

AIF
    ?

Better send a couple of sets to me then, don't want the wife getting upset!

Quote by Australia View Post

Cheers .
    From what I've seen in pictures only the large pack and pouches where used, what I say is not gospel though! Pretty sure revolver pistols where not issued?
    Last edited by reneblacky; 07-12-2016 at 10:39 AM.

Thought to show a pic of two differences of GMH made pouches, both 43

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast