Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

B&L Raybans ...... original WW2?

Article about: Similar to pocket watches of the era, the plating is in microns - which is actually pretty thin, utilizing very little gold. It's entirely possible that these are somewhat later as you sugge

?

Default B&L Raybans ...... original WW2?

Here are a few pics( sorry for the quality, from seller )....... of a pair of B&L gold Raybans. Can anyone help work these? WW2 or post war? Thanks in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture B&L  Raybans ...... original WW2?   B&L  Raybans ...... original WW2?  

B&L  Raybans ...... original WW2?  

?

Default Re: B&L Raybans ...... original WW2?

Could be I believe they also produced them for civilian so it will be to tell the difference

?

Going to look at these today, what should I look for to verify they are WW2? Thanks in advance everyone!

?

O.k. guys not sure about these, now that I have them and can take better pics. I do not believe reproduction, they definitely are old.... the maker mark i do not recognize, since I am not a U.S. collector I am clueless. I haven't been able to uncover any info. Here are a few more pics. Thanks guys !!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture B&L  Raybans ...... original WW2?   B&L  Raybans ...... original WW2?  

B&L  Raybans ...... original WW2?   B&L  Raybans ...... original WW2?  

Do they have 'RayBan' on them anywhere ? Definitely an old pair of
    excellent quality, and likely from the period. They're a different
    shape than RayBan 'Aviator' glasses, but still cool.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

These are very sexy shades! I usually only ever wear the wayfarer model of ray-ban but I'm a sucker for aviators as well. They look to have some degree of age to them . If they are a decent price, I would get them.

?

I really doubt an American soldier would have worn a pair of 12k Gold Fill shades during the depression look more like 60s period to me

Gold content was standard for RayBans since the 1930's
    when they were developed for the AAF.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

No other markings on the frames. Seller said they were in a smaller box inside a steamer trunk that was from his paternal grandfather who just passed away (WW2 vet). The glasses were inside a brown leather case, but the flap had ripped and the case was pretty rough so he through the case out. Perhaps a private purchase? I believe they are period. I have been looking at repro versions and none match, ......... so far, LOL....

?

I had no idea of that, it seems odd that during the depression they would you precious metals on a pair of glasses

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast