Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Belt?

Article about: A friend found this locally at a garage sale. He is quite a studied person and a metallurgical engineer. He is also my knife collecting buddy. He is pretty confident that this is some form o

Default Belt?

A friend found this locally at a garage sale. He is quite a studied person and a metallurgical engineer. He is also my knife collecting buddy.
    He is pretty confident that this is some form of British kit due to the markings although we don't know what they represent. He has searched through all of his reference material and is unable to identify it. I appreciate any info that could lead to identifying this.
    Something has been removed from the belt, as there is stitching that has been cut to remove it.
    Ralph.

Belt?
    Belt?
    Belt?
    Belt?
    Belt?
    Belt?
    Last edited by rbminis; 12-20-2018 at 04:22 AM.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Being a wide "kidney " belt, I would say some support function - maybe a harness of sorts was once fitted ( climbing telephone poles etc... )

A stab in the dark and a bump is all I can offer Ralph...

Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by Danmark View Post
    Being a wide "kidney " belt, I would say some support function - maybe a harness of sorts was once fitted ( climbing telephone poles etc... )

A stab in the dark and a bump is all I can offer Ralph...

Cheers, Dan
    Actually, those were my thoughts as well, (being an electrician), but trying to get some facts.
    I'm sure someone will recognize it.
    Thanks!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Could it be a support belt for a parade flag bearer?....I was an electrician too ralph.....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Quote by zwerge View Post
    Could it be a support belt for a parade flag bearer?....I was an electrician too ralph.....Pete.
    I thought of that too Pete.
    I think the seams are too close together, and there should only be on pair of seams.
    Ralph.

P.S. I still am, for a few more years.

TWS
    ?

Antique weightlifting belt?
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Quote by TWS View Post
    Antique weightlifting belt?
    Since it has a broad head arrow stamp, I'm thinking some type of issue kit.
    Ralph.

Very interesting. I have not seen one before.

I believe it could have been issued to motorcycle riders to help support their backs during long rides.

I have found a page from a 1945 magazine showing US riders wearing similar belts.

The lower vintage photo below is obviously a civilian but worn for the same reason.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Belt?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Belt? 

Quote by christek View Post
    I believe it could have been issued to motorcycle riders to help support their backs during long rides.
    I thought of a kidney belt, but that does not explain the stitching.
    Ralph.

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Since it has a broad head arrow stamp, I'm thinking some type of issue kit.
    Ralph.
    Lol thats what I was going to say, I could use that when I am squatting
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast