Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Blue Cross first Aid Box ?

Article about: I picked up this First Aid Box today and didn't think too much about it until I got home and opened it up. On one side it is marked 'Animal' and on the other it is marked 'Human'. Then I not

Default Blue Cross first Aid Box ?

I picked up this First Aid Box today and didn't think too much about it until I got home and opened it up. On one side it is marked 'Animal' and on the other it is marked 'Human'. Then I noticed the cross was blue on the top.

I cant be to sure of the era but it looks like ww2 or earlier and the Blue Cross started in 1897. They were originally known as the 'Our Dumb Friends League' and supported Working horses in London. The Blue Cross campaign was started to look after horses in the Balkan war in 1912 and then continued through World Wars 1 and 2 looking after Animals in service and at home.

It makes sense that if an injured animal was around an injured human might be close by.

If anyone can add anything else it would be great or a different theory.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Blue Cross first Aid Box ?   Blue Cross first Aid Box ?  

Blue Cross first Aid Box ?