Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Brit Jungle Enfiled

Article about: Not much finish left on it and it seems to have led an active life with dings and marks on the metal and wood-the 'England' marking is an importation mark for the US postwar for civilian res

Default Brit Jungle Enfiled

I have a 1945 Brit Jungle Enfield, I was curious if anyone could help me from pictures on the condtion of the gun and confirm it is a 45. The serial # is low 2k. Thanks!Brit Jungle EnfiledBrit Jungle EnfiledBrit Jungle EnfiledBrit Jungle Enfiled

Default Re: Brit Jungle Enfiled

It's missing the metal cap from the fore end.
    Is it 1945? Difficult to say 100% from the pics/info provided but I guess there is no reason why it won't be? More info on the markings might help.

Brit Jungle EnfiledBrit Jungle EnfiledBrit Jungle EnfiledBrit Jungle EnfiledBrit Jungle EnfiledHello Mike, Not really sure what you mean by the metal cap on the fore end? Here are the markings.

4md
    ?

It should have the date and serial number on the left side of the receiver, my fazakerley has the date + the factory code for the fazakerly factory which is ROF(F). the other factory where jungle carbines were made was the BSA Shirley. the code is M47C

If you cannot see a date then it could be possible to work out a rough date from the serial number

post up a photo of the left side of the receiver and any markings you see if possible

Its posted, its M 47C 1945 England BE2842 I believe.

4md
    ?

yep looks 1945 dated to me, the BE prefix would put it in the 45 range of serial numbers as well being a m47c shirley rifle

That's good to know, now as above he stated something about it missing the metal cap on the fore end? Im lost to what that would be and what % would the condition of this gun?

This is what he means by the nose cap, but it looks like it's there to me.

Brit Jungle Enfiled

I thought that is what he was referring to, Its there alright. With the info I have and pictures can anyone tell me the condition and value? Thanks

Yup, that's the bit I meant and yup it is there...my old eyes ain't what they used to be...sorry! Off to the opticians soon I think... lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast