Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

British Ammo box

Article about: I have found an ammo box in my grandpa's tool shed. He served with the british in ww2 so I am assuming that it belongs to the british and perhaps used with the Bren LMG or the Lewis gun. Cou

Default British Ammo box

I have found an ammo box in my grandpa's tool shed. He served with the british in ww2 so I am assuming that it belongs to the british and perhaps used with the Bren LMG or the Lewis gun.
    Could any1 please confirm?

Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Ammo box  

Hi its a British army post war ammo box for the GPMG 7.62 rounds ball linked

Quote by kradman View Post
    Hi its a British army post war ammo box for the GPMG 7.62 rounds ball linked
    Hello thanks for the info.. by any chance would you know what was written originally on the box and the exact colour as I am trying to restore it back.

Hi I don't think its worth restoring you can find these boxes at Arms fairs in the UK from £5 to £15 , If you want to restore it please see link for markings http://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/images/...eqv/s-l225.jpg

Quote by kradman View Post
    Hi I don't think its worth restoring you can find these boxes at Arms fairs in the UK from £5 to £15 , If you want to restore it please see link for markings http://thumbs.ebaystatic.com/images/...eqv/s-l225.jpg
    OK thanks for your advice