Become our sponsor and display your banner here

British Army Condensed Milk Crate

Article about: Just picked this up at the second hand market before work. Its faintly dated June 48, but as far as I can tell its the same as WW2 issue. It needs a clean and I need to make a replacement li

Default British Army Condensed Milk Crate

Just picked this up at the second hand market before work.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	3185 
Size:	234.5 KB 
ID:	427516

Its faintly dated June 48, but as far as I can tell its the same as WW2 issue. It needs a clean and I need to make a replacement lid, but I'm rather pleased with it.

Default Re: British Army Condensed Milk Crate

I am fairly sure this would be the same as wartime too. The construction is similar to a Compo ration box I have which is 44 dated.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I've had a look on Google to find a picture confirming the lid and if there would have been any spacers for stacking. Not found one yet, but I'll have a look through my reference books when I get home. Well worth a tenner!

?

That's the only milk I have in my tea.....my english grandmother never made tea with fresh milk, she got the taste for it during the war and has passed it onto me

There's no accounting for taste! I had it with condensed milk at a re-enacting event once and thought it vile, of course the fact it had been stewing in an urn for two hours probably didn't help.

?

I can't drink tea without it!!! I also loved the sweetened condensed milk in Aussie rat packs