MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

British army gasmask, genuine Titled owner

Article about: see the attached which I thought some of you may like to see, a standard service gas mask complete with haversack, anti gas goggles, tin of ointment and anti dimming kit that once belonged t

Default British army gasmask, genuine Titled owner

see the attached which I thought some of you may like to see, a standard service gas mask complete with haversack, anti gas goggles, tin of ointment and anti dimming kit that once belonged to Sir Reginald Kennedy-Cox, Welfare Officer for Southern Command during WW2. There iks a Southern Command stamp to the inside of the flat plus the owners name. His life history is on the internet so I won't repeat it here. It came from a house clearance many years ago - possibly with the passing of a relative as Sir Reginald passed away in Salisbury in 1966. His was a life well lived and he was very deserving of his Knighthood. There is a plaque to his memory in Salisbury Cathedral.

Dave
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British army gasmask, genuine Titled owner   British army gasmask, genuine Titled owner  

a very nice find.