Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

British bags

Article about: Hi Guys, here are some webbing bags from my collection, the gasmask bag was given to me by an elderly neighbour many years ago, but I am unaware now of where it might have been used, the 37

?

Default British bags

Hi Guys, here are some webbing bags from my collection, the gasmask bag was given to me by an elderly neighbour many years ago, but I am unaware now of where it might have been used, the 37 large packs are different in some features so do wonder if the lighter coloured one is actually British?, the 44 pack is missing the waterproof liner I believe but otherwise in great condition for it's age. I wondered if anyone could have a look at the differences in the two large packs and clarify if the lighter one is WD issue. I was told it was Iraqi ????

Thanks for looking ,Opex.
    British bags
    British bags
    British bags
    British bags
    British bags
    British bags
    British bags
    British bags
    British bags
    British bags
    British bags
    British bags
    British bags

Going by the "lines" running in the weave, I would say the 37 pattern pack in Indian made.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Going by the "lines" running in the weave, I would say the 37 pattern pack in Indian made.

Cheers, Ade.

Many thanks for looking and for your confirmation on the 37 pack Ade, which is very much appreciated. Being Indian put's a different perspective on it..great

?

Hi Opex,

The gasmask bag is a Mk V, which was manufactured from the early 1930's to about 1939 when it was replaced by the MK VI. Many of the MK V's were lost after the evacuation at Dunkirk, so nice find!

?

Like the 44 pack Carl.. Could do with some more close up's.. Thanks for the snaps.. Cheers Terry.

Hi, I have noticed that these British gas mask bags have jumped up in price since some "sharp eyed" individual noticed that Indiana Jones uses one as his bag. The only difference is that the carrying strap is replaced with a leather one! Leon.

?

Quote by Tango View Post
    Like the 44 pack Carl.. Could do with some more close up's.. Thanks for the snaps.. Cheers Terry.

Thanks for looking and No worries mate, I will post some shots when I get a chance

?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi, I have noticed that these British gas mask bags have jumped up in price since some "sharp eyed" individual noticed that Indiana Jones uses one as his bag. The only difference is that the carrying strap is replaced with a leather one! Leon.

Hi Leon thanks for looking, and yes these models do appear to be very pricey, I noticed on SOF that there is a specific "Indy " section to buy bags etc!!!

You also get them listed as Indiana Jones bags on Ebay though I think he uses a MKV in the films and most you see on the bay are MKVI's.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Hey Jerry!

I believe Dr. Jones actually carried the anachronistic Mk VII in his movies (supposedly made by W&G, according to diehard fans). Star wars and Indiana Jones are full of military surplus if you look closely...

British bags

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast