Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

british button stick

Article about: hey guys , i found this last summer here with my metal detector in the woods . i have found these button sticks on the place that called lommel . there has been a fight during ww2 that was a

Exclamation british button stick

hey guys , i found this last summer here with my metal detector in the woods . i have found these button sticks on the place that called lommel . there has been a fight during ww2 that was a part of operation market garden . the welsh guard and other british groups have been operating there . it was laying in the near a tree wrapped with bandage between the 2sticks thats why you can still see the paper and around that was a shoelace. in the same hole was a british button too and a multspoon and fork . On the buttonsticks are standing stamped numbers and maybe is that the number of a soldier . hopz someone can help me or can give me more information .

cheers joris

british button stickbritish button stickbritish button stickbritish button stickbritish button stickbritish button stick

It is the WWI pattern but I would guess they were used for many years after. I think the service number is perhaps RA.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.