Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

British Commonwealth Dress Belts

Article about: Greetings all, As my knowledge on dress uniforms is pretty shabby, I was hoping someone could help me ID these belts. One is almost certainly British, or at least it's British made. These be

Default British Commonwealth Dress Belts

Greetings all,
    As my knowledge on dress uniforms is pretty shabby, I was hoping someone could help me ID these belts. One is almost certainly British, or at least it's British made. These belts came in a box with mainly New Zealand military patchs and buttons so NZ is perhaps a possibility. I am not sure of age but would hazard a guess they made sometime between 1960 and 1980. Any info on these greatly appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Commonwealth Dress Belts   British Commonwealth Dress Belts  

British Commonwealth Dress Belts   British Commonwealth Dress Belts  

British Commonwealth Dress Belts  

AIF
    ?

I would say the one with the buckle is Army Service Corps the same as the rest of the insignia is. They are called stable belts, and they are usually always made in England but Australian's and Kiwi's wore them also. Each Corps has it's own distinctive colours and buckles. Although I have seen heaps of them over the years I don't really know a great deal about them as it isn't something I collect but if you jump on google you should find more info on them.

Looks like you picked up some nice bits there.

Cheers Luke.

?

I think the green one is the standard NZ Infantry belt.
    I have picked up two Royal Australian Engineer belts to add colour to my RAE collection.
    These are generally undervalued in my opinion.

Oz.

Many thanks gents!